Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2007 at 5:58 PM
How do you even interact with Mrs. Crumblebottom???
My vampire came across her by accident, but every time I try a "prank" interaction (or any other interaction for all that), Mrs. Crumble cancels out my action to lecture at me. Is it even possible to interact with her without a cheat?

Isn't that a girl's name?
Advertisement
#2 Old 9th May 2007 at 6:07 PM
No, it's not. She's only there to make your sims lives miserable.

The only way I've gotten to take a peek inside of her brain, was with the Mind Control Mirror. I saw her stats, LTW, wants, etc. Then I instructed her to go talk to someone. She walked over to him and did...nothing.

She's completely uncontrollable and everything I've head about making her playable, is that it messes up your game. Same with Grimmy, the Therapist, the Social Workers and the Repo men.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th May 2007 at 6:21 PM
yeah as Magic said you can't do it normally.

I use this instead... http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=9764

OK you still can't control her but at least you can get some revenge.

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Site Helper
#4 Old 10th May 2007 at 2:13 PM
And some interesting memories....
Have someone who is in a relationship with another sim goose her, then check their latest memory. "Had an Affair with Mrs. Crumplebottom"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2007 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
And some interesting memories....
Have someone who is in a relationship with another sim goose her, then check their latest memory. "Had an Affair with Mrs. Crumplebottom"

That's so funny Hmmm... :evilnod: Just kidding.

Test Subject
#6 Old 11th May 2007 at 4:17 AM
I think Crumplebottom exists only when you create a "Downtown" neighbourhood. Since I combined all the best lots from each expansion into one super-sized neighbourhood I haven't seen hide nor hair of the infamous Crumplebottom. Which is nice... From other threads I've read it seems she is an object deeply coded into the game and it sounds like any attempt to 'toy' with her can be bad.
#7 Old 11th May 2007 at 5:13 AM
Yeah, she's Downtown only. And technically an object.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th May 2007 at 5:29 AM
You can summon her to a residential lot with InSim and make her selectable. Robovski, if you want to get really technical, just about everything in the game--including normal Sims--are objects.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:14 PM
What's the invisible thing with the purse that smacks you when you try to kiss or flirt in public? I vaguely recall it from the first time I had the game (re-installed just recently) and I haven't seen the horror since my first round.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizzBlackCherry
What's the invisible thing with the purse that smacks you when you try to kiss or flirt in public? I vaguely recall it from the first time I had the game (re-installed just recently) and I haven't seen the horror since my first round.

That sounds like Mrs. Crumblebottom. You must have had a glitch or something...

#11 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:43 PM
Actually, if you dowload the Tomestone of Life and Death on MTS2, you can move townies/NPCs into your house and play them. I don't know how you would be able to make them NPCs again though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:44 PM
^^ I didn't know that...

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th May 2007 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baby Ronno
That sounds like Mrs. Crumblebottom. You must have had a glitch or something...

Haha, probably. To me it was just a smacking, swinging purse with no explanation at all. Makes much more sense that it was a glitch as I haven't seen it with the re-install...too weird!
#14 Old 11th May 2007 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pandaness
Actually, if you dowload the Tomestone of Life and Death on MTS2, you can move townies/NPCs into your house and play them. I don't know how you would be able to make them NPCs again though

From everything I've heard, you shouldn't mess with Crumplebottom, Grimmy, Therapist, Repo men, Hula Zombies, and the Social Workers at all. I even knew a girl who had her legacy founder marry a Social Worker, and her game exploded. :hmm:

I've tried summoning them with the teleporter bush, but they just fade away for me. I'm not sure I ever tried Crumplebottom. The most I did with her was to peek in her head using the Mind Control Mirror. But when I directed her to do something, she didn't respond. So I left her alone.
Alchemist
#15 Old 11th May 2007 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pandaness

You switch them back to NPCs the same way you made them controllable. What I do is have them teleported to my house, then make them controllable. After I have them interact and do their thing, then I make them uncontrollable again. So I never move them in, it's like their visiting.
I've never tried Crumplebottom though. she's annoying
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th May 2007 at 7:07 PM
:madashel:Now my game is completely screwed up. None of my hacks are working now.

Field Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 12:55 PM
I read this thread and decided to try interaction of Mrs Crumplebottom with a passing by professor, using the Insimenator Relation Adjustor, and the Merola's Mind Control Mirror - and I got sensational pictures:

Mrs Crumplebottom flirted with the prof, and both fell in love:

Then immediately she showed a wish to be engaged:

I have TS2, Uni, NL, and Glamour Stuff.

He he
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 12:58 PM
You're lucky you didn't mess your game up LOL Hilarious pictures tho...