Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 3:43 AM
Default Customers will not use Ticket Machine They Just Stand and Look At It
When I place a Ticket machine on my business lot the customers just stand around it and do not come into the shop. No one buys a ticket. I have to remove the machine to get people to leave it

Does anyone know what might be causing this.

Thankyou
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 4:16 AM
Have you set a price for the tickets?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Site Helper
#3 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 12:20 PM
How high is the price of the tickets? If you are charging too much they won't pay. Can they get to all sides of it? (Actually that probably isn't the problem, because if they can't get to the side they need to go to they will usually complain that the path is blocked rather than just standing there.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 12:43 AM
Also, make sure you "sell" them on it. Sometimes if your business rank isn't high, you will have to really sell them to make them come want to buy a ticket and come into your business.
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 2:58 AM
Thank you all for answering. I will reply to the answers per post

Canoodle - Yes a price has been set

Sidneydoj - I usually set the price at fairly priced but I will try lowering it and yes they can get to all sides,

Jo30977 - The business ranking is 6 and my sales people go out to the customers at the machine.

Would adding the ticket machine after I opened the business for the very first time have made any difference?

I am going to start a new business to see if the same thing happens again
Site Helper
#6 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 12:18 PM
Adding it later shouldn't make a difference. I had a beauty salon where everyone preferred to watch the tv rather than get a makeover, so I took out the chair and put in a ticket station with no problems. It is starting to sound like you need to take out the Downloads and see if the problem continues in a clean game.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st May 2007 at 9:35 PM
I'm just wondering, how do you use the ticket machine? Can you put it to where your customers pay to enter a door to a room in the lot? (like I'm running a hotel. Can I make it to where the Sims pay to get into their hotel rooms?)