Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Help! My Sim is swimming everywhere
I recently downloaded a custom house and put a custom sims in it. I also built a pool. When I installed them in the game, everything went well for about a day. The next time I loaded the game, I found my sims swimming not only in the pool but she swims all over the house as well. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and If someone could tell me how to fix the problem. I really like this house and the sim in it. Please Help! I have auto lateral calls, MQ Teleport, and call anyone in the game too. :wave:
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:27 PM
Try making your sim 'get out' of the ground via a pool ladder. If she can't reach a ladder, you could place one near where she is by using moveobjects on.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:31 PM Last edited by jinyc : 2nd Nov 2005 at 10:30 PM.
Do you have the InSimenator or any other hack in your game that allows you to teleport a Sim at will?

The only time this happened to me was when I teleported a Sim while swimming (never do this). He swam and swam. Some others who had this problem sent thei Sim to the pool to swim and this action seemed to cancel the anomaly.

The easiest thing to do is to have the problem Sim invited over to a different house and then moved in. He should arrive on two legs and remain so. You can then move him out (after he has joined the new household) and then try putting him back in the down loaded house and the problem should be resolved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:33 PM
She gets out of the pool, walks for a second, then slips down to where only her head is exposed and then proceeds to wherever she is told to go etc. I also hear the water sound, which indicates that she is swimming????
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:37 PM
Thanks to everyone for you quick response. Jinyc, I think you hit the nail on the head. I remember teleporting her while she was in the pool. I'll try your suggestion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 9:49 PM
Thank You SimSample. I'll try your suggestion.
Alchemist
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 2:40 PM
I had the same problem - after teleporting a Sim while in the pool. What solved it was indeed: get her back in the pool, then have her get out via ladder. it worked for me!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 6:55 AM
This 'bug' is fixed in NL as far as I know, together with some other exploitable ones The problem you describe may be caused by an L shaped pool. The (pre NL) game considers ALL pools square, so everything in the square area is considered as pool.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 3:56 PM
That usually only affects the placement of future pools.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 5:57 PM
I have NL in my game along with the patch. I did what Simsample suggested, but the pool ladder would only give me the "get in" option. I finially went with jinyc's suggestion. I moved my sim in with another family. When I moved her back into her own home, everything worked fine. Thanks jinyc; and thanks to all for giving me suggestions on how to fix this problem. My sim is about to get married now.
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 6:13 PM
I used a trick that worked most of the time. Use move_objects on to pick up the Sim and place it back in the swimming-pool. Pause the game before doing this because you need to command the Sim to "get out" via ladder BEFORE you run the game again. If you command "get out" when the game is running, it doesn't work.

When you go to "live" the Sim falls inside the swimming-pool and use the ladder to go out.
I had this problem when I tricked by placing a Sim to swim, take him out of the SP and place him in the exercise machine to get skill points faster. If the Sim maximize Body Skill before you revert the process, this problem happens.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 12:09 PM
I have this very bug now -- and I can't seem to fix it. I have never teleported the sim anywhere, and there has never been a pool on the lot. Nonetheless she is swimming around, and whenever I tell her to go to work, she queue stomps and goes back to swimming. Can't for the life of me figure out why.