Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Ooh...You've got ambient occlusion? (Please tell how). I remember some option with Nvidia, but that broke a while ago.

It might be worth possibly releasing these to the public and making the game look even better. If gamers can pry apart GTA IV and Skyrim and make them look amazing, there must be ways of doing this for the Sims 3.

You're correct, it's Nvidia. It comes straight through the UI, but I don't really mind since the game is now sexy as all hell. The beauty of it is that you don't really notice, but it's there. Oh yes it is. When you're talking releasing configuration files like this I'm sure sure how that'd be done. I mean, this would probably have to be in a hacked .exe or the like, not just in a configuration file.

Speaking of that, is there any way to prevent mirrors from going non-reflective when zooming out? Yes, I do like my framerate but no, I don't like ugly greyish mirrors.
Also looking for a way to increase the sharpness of shadows (I'm using Env Lighting Tweaks), and a HQ mod that won't remove the glow around objects. Alternatively, a way to tone that same glow down, I like it to an extent.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 25th May 2015 at 3:58 PM
Even just a tutorial + configation would be fine, updated for 1.67. What game version are you on?

I dunno about mirrors, but for me, shadows are a more frustrating aspect in how they fade out at such a short distance when the camera is near the ground. Been looking for a way to fix it, but no such luck so far.

The glow is usually linked to the weather .ini files, I also have more realistic lighting files (not yet in package form) which might help: http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...-interested-the
Mad Poster
#28 Old 25th May 2015 at 7:53 PM
Even just a tutorial + configation would be fine, updated for 1.67. What game version are you on?

I dunno about mirrors, but for me, shadows are a more frustrating aspect in how they fade out at such a short distance when the camera is near the ground. Been looking for a way to fix it, but no such luck so far.

The glow is usually linked to the weather .ini files, I also have more realistic lighting files (not yet in package form) which might help: http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...-interested-the

Uh, 1.67.2. Isn't everybody?

And yeah, I do agree. I'm not really bothered by it, but I'd like it fixed anyway. I haven't looked at the weather.ini file, but the mod I'm using only affected the GraphicsRules.gr file. I've been looking in there, to no avail. Especially since I'm not comfortable with tweaking values I don't know the workings of. I'll definitely get your files though, realism is exactly what I look for!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#29 Old 25th May 2015 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
Uh, 1.67.2. Isn't everybody?

And yeah, I do agree. I'm not really bothered by it, but I'd like it fixed anyway. I haven't looked at the weather.ini file, but the mod I'm using only affected the GraphicsRules.gr file. I've been looking in there, to no avail. Especially since I'm not comfortable with tweaking values I don't know the workings of. I'll definitely get your files though, realism is exactly what I look for!

So I followed the default instructions and they seemed to work, strangely enough. Hurrah and thanks for letting me know!

Maybe next steps might be to investigate how to get ambient occlusion onto the sims themselves, as well as ways to get interior shadows lighter and the ambient occlusion outside to be stronger. Maybe choosing a different Ambient Occlusion Compatibility might work?

These might be worth looking into: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...s/?id=133536955
http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/foru...nt-Occlusion-AO
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...ia-only.798966/

For lighter indoor shadows, it may require a bit of digging in the render engine.

What did you do to get hacked water reflections?
dodgy builder
#30 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:26 AM
I'm just going to throw in my little bit here. I love how you work on drag this game into the 2015'ish, on design I must say something between the gray in post 11, that is the present one with just a recolor I believe, and the one from jje1000 in post 7. The minimalist in post 7 is a bit too minimalist even for me. I like a bit of bling and shine.

On the gray one I can see it may have some issues with visability, may I suggest using complementary colors? Just because I love colors I made this with a blue as base and ended up with a warm orange as opposite on the color wheel: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/4794743/Curtains
You can just drag the black and white higher and lower as you please, just to get the right contrast.

I should have been posting this pattern instead using the same colors : http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern...imal_Impression
Mad Poster
#31 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:57 AM
What did you do to get hacked water reflections?

I'm not 100% sure, I just fiddled around in the Nvidia config tool until the game looked prettier. And that's pretty much it.

@Volvenom, I personally think that colours are a difficult topic since everyone has their favourites. I'd definitely like a minimalist, glassy black with blue/red accents, but if anyone's gonna do a real UI overhaul, the colours gotta be just right. I didn't like the green recolor because, well, it's just too much in-yo-face for me. Just my two cents.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#32 Old 26th May 2015 at 1:59 PM
I'm not 100% sure, I just fiddled around in the Nvidia config tool until the game looked prettier. And that's pretty much it.

Would it be possible to get screen caps of the settings you used in the tool? I'd like to create a tutorial and spread the news!
Mad Poster
#33 Old 26th May 2015 at 2:52 PM
Would it be possible to get screen caps of the settings you used in the tool? I'd like to create a tutorial and spread the news!

Yeah, of course. Credit me if you want, I don't mind... These are my current settings. I've been fiddling around with them a bit, but this gives a pretty sweet look overall.

insert signature here
dodgy builder
#34 Old 26th May 2015 at 3:01 PM

I personally think that colours are a difficult topic since everyone has their favourites. I'd definitely like a minimalist, glassy black with blue/red accents, but if anyone's gonna do a real UI overhaul, the colours gotta be just right. I didn't like the green recolor because, well, it's just too much in-yo-face for me. Just my two cents.

Yes, green is good in small portions I think, it grows into an oversized cupcake real fast. Blueish tones are cooler even as base for a gray, they don't really take up that much space on the eye. Just my two cents
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th May 2015 at 3:10 PM
+
Mad Poster
#36 Old 29th May 2015 at 9:52 AM
So uh, jje1000, are you done tutorializing yet?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#37 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:28 AM
I just got very busy, I'll see if I can toss something up on the tumblr today or tomorrow, as well as an update to the mts3 thread.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping to see if there's any way to bump up the intensity of the ambient occlusion (any help would be appreciated). If that can happen, the mod would basically be much more popular.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:08 PM
I'm hoping to see if there's any way to bump up the intensity of the ambient occlusion (any help would be appreciated). If that can happen, the mod would basically be much more popular.

It's a shame the glow effect is so damn harsh, because I bet it'd look great with the AO. I've heard it's strength can be reduced in the weather.ini file, maybe I'll fix it and have an even prettier game. Also, as I (probably) said before, mirrors with full reflections that don't fade away.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#39 Old 30th May 2015 at 1:09 AM
If you fancy changing it yourself, the bloom can be adjusted in the S3_1F886EAD_00000000_5E4F8E7B226066CA_Tunablelighting%%+_INI file, under BloomRampIntensity and BloomRampThreshold ,as well as DaytimeBloom under any of the individual weather files.

Still dunno how and if the Ambient Occlusion can be made stronger.

Maybe SweetFX might be a thing that could help?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 30th May 2015 at 9:28 PM
Anyone want to take a look at this?

http://reshade.me/compatibility

Some depth of field in the Sims 3 would be great
Mad Poster
#41 Old 31st May 2015 at 12:46 AM
Some depth of field in the Sims 3 would be great

Oh yes it would. This just gets better and better - I've already managed to tone down the bloom to a (mostly) acceptable level, so now I've got beautiful AO with shine...I'd definitely like some blur with that, as well.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#42 Old 31st May 2015 at 1:38 AM
Apparently this injector also offers SSAO as well!

Let me know if you make something of it!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 31st May 2015 at 11:26 AM
Apparently this injector also offers SSAO as well!

Let me know if you make something of it!

I'll see.

insert signature here
Scholar
#44 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:06 AM
Have either of you taken a look at the depth-of-field injector yet? That and the AO are the two graphical upgrades I appreciate most in TS4, it'd be great to have them in TS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
#45 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Have either of you taken a look at the depth-of-field injector yet? That and the AO are the two graphical upgrades I appreciate most in TS4, it'd be great to have them in TS3.

Doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I just patched TS3W.exe with ReShade 18.4, but nothing happened. At least, I'm not seeing any difference whatsoever. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I do hope so, depth of field is lovely to have.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#46 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:45 AM
I think for those you need to download some secondary drivers with the effects. I don't know, but this is my guess.
Scholar
#47 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:50 AM
i'm having the same experience, thought it was just me - funny how they mention "perfect" compatibility on their site. I used the version with the framework, maybe the one bundled with SweetFX will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
#48 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 9:52 AM
/on-topic

Any updates? I'd hate for this to just die....we're totally gonna makeover TS3, right? Guys? Guys?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#49 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 7:30 PM
/on-topic

Any updates? I'd hate for this to just die....we're totally gonna makeover TS3, right? Guys? Guys?

Actually, head over to the Doomsayer's Den- Qahne is looking into a very interesting preposition of importing TSM faces into TS3.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 8:28 PM
Actually, head over to the Doomsayer's Den- Qahne is looking into a very interesting preposition of importing TSM faces into TS3.

Checking that one out!

insert signature here
Page 2 of 6