Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Self-Configurable Autonomy Mod (SCAMv6)

by scumbumbo Posted 11th Nov 2017 at 1:22 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2019 at 7:47 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Game Patch 1.51.75

216 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Instructor
#76 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
1) No, it will affect all the computers in the game, laptops, etc. that utilize the same actions.
2) Yes, it affects all lots in the game.
unfortunatelly I tried it before your reply, after disabling things on computers errors started appear and after enabling options again these errors were still happening and I had to start new gamepley
Test Subject
#77 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:23 PM
Hey love this. Thank you!
I would like to get rid of fitness actions in my game. I am hoping this will squash the pushups.
Deceased
Original Poster
#78 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by archwyvern
How to disable:
1. autonomous check toddler
2. (etc. snipped)

I can't seem to find the interaction

I think some of this stuff is either in social mixers or pushed (non-autonomous but "pushed" onto a Sim by another action so it seems autonomous). I plan to extend the script to enable editing autonomy for the social mixers... some day... soon, I hope?
Deceased
Original Poster
#79 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by isdailywalker
Hey love this. Thank you!
I would like to get rid of fitness actions in my game. I am hoping this will squash the pushups.

You can definitely take care of pushups, click on the Sim themselves for those kind of behaviours that don't involve another object.
Deceased
Original Poster
#80 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:38 AM
Minor update posted today, the change notes are listed on the mod description page. The big one is the new feature to sort the autonomous interaction buttons on the dialog by name so it should be easier to find what you're looking for. I know it helps me at least.
Test Subject
#81 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:08 PM
hey! thank you so much for this mod, i've learned to truly appreciate it only after the cats&dogs patch that messed up 95% of all mods:D
the thing that i havent been able to figure out is how to disable "grab a serving"? (i dont know how to search for it on google tbh, thats the only reason im asking.)
id really appreciate the help if anyone knows the answer!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:06 AM
This is absolutely brilliant! Oddly enough, I wish autonomous teeth brushing was an option.
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 5:25 AM
S.c.a.m.
Quote: Originally posted by DarkWitch1999
I just downloaded this mod, but I must say that the acronym "SCAM" is a bit unnerving....

I came here to read the comments before I downloaded and to say the same thing. Fingers crossed this doesn't f*ck my game to kingdom come... =) Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 3:02 PM
Scumbumbo you genius, you've done it again! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 2:39 AM
I can finally tell my sim to stop making drinks all the time!!...or at least I hope I can~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#86 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 6:20 AM Last edited by fewlines : 2nd Dec 2017 at 7:23 PM.
about to download and try this. sounds fab. thanks much!

(edit: they used to drink SO. much. water. you'll notice the difference immediately, as they will now spend more time just standing around -or doing things you didn't disable- more often. for example, i didn't untick "wash hands".

the Sims i play with have a backstory that doesn't allow them to have much in the way of savings, but i will buy them more things to interact with asap!

also: having to re-enable "control autonomy" each time we fire up the game is by design, right?

editing again: the option to "listen to (music genre)" by clicking on the speakers disappeared after i added this mod. only "control autonomy" pops up.)
Instructor
#87 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 3:51 AM
Will I be able to turn off the "Touching Greetings" with the Mod's function?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#88 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 6:28 AM
Thanks! Mod works great. Although sadly I've had to remove it to avoid conflict with MC Command Center v4.0 as it's now been copied and included by default in MCCC Tuner. :-).

However, you did it first and it is awesome! No more searching mod folder for various autonomy mods that may need updating after each game update, updating one mod is quicker and easier than updating loads and trying to find them all after an update :-)

So again, big thanks!
Deceased
Original Poster
#89 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iforgot
Thanks! Mod works great. Although sadly I've had to remove it to avoid conflict with MC Command Center v4.0 as it's now been copied and included by default in MCCC Tuner. :-).

"Copied" makes it sound so wrong

But yeah, haven't had a chance to play with that yet. Last time he and I chatted we both thought it'd be a great fit for MCCC and he has some great ideas on how to make it even better. I'm not sure if he got the chance to implement any of those yet, so I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag on those plans. I think he was close, so those improvements to SCAM may already be in 4.0.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 1:21 PM
Thank you so much for this Mod! I attach the German STBL file.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  German.zip (602 Bytes, 9 downloads)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#91 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 10:54 PM
I cannot thank you enough for this mod! It solved an issue I had from release day: sims trying to autonomously see to their needs when these needs are in the red even if free will is off. I'm used to play without free will and haven't gotten used to Sims 4's behaviour in this regard in all those years.
With your mod I disabled autonomy for a handful of interactions and it works like a charm

I have two questions, though:
What is the interaction to grab leftovers called? I want my guests to stopp raiding my fridge. Grabbing quick meals and drinks is okay, they just need to keep away from the leftovers.
AND
Is there a way to disable autonomy on toilets for the active household only? So that visitors can still use the toilets, but my sims cannot? (It's probably a very niche and strange sounding want, lol.)
Deceased
Original Poster
#92 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snugglypoo4
Thank you so much for this Mod! I attach the German STBL file.

I've added the German translation, thanks @Snugglypoo4
Deceased
Original Poster
#93 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
What is the interaction to grab leftovers called?
Is there a way to disable autonomy on toilets for the active household only? So that visitors can still use the toilets, but my sims cannot?

The interaction for grabbing leftovers is one that we currently don't know how to get at easily. It's a different kind of autonomy, and there's no simple on or off switch. It will require additional research, and may not be easily possible without major modifications. I think Deaderpool is playing with these kinds of things as well.

The autonomy setting is an on or off switch. An action is either autonomous or not, so there's no real way to disable it for some sims and not others; again, that is not without major modifications. And major modifications is something I want to avoid as it increases the likelihood the mod could break at the next patch (and the next patch (and the next patch...)...)
Scholar
#94 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:05 PM
The interaction for grabbing leftovers is one that we currently don't know how to get at easily. It's a different kind of autonomy, and there's no simple on or off switch. It will require additional research, and may not be easily possible without major modifications. I think Deaderpool is playing with these kinds of things as well.

Okay, thank you for explaining! I thought I had overlooked something in the menu.

Playing the second day with this mod in and it's a lot more relaxed. Large households are fun again
Forum Resident
#95 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 5:52 AM Last edited by heidi137 : 6th Dec 2017 at 12:06 PM.
"Copied" makes it sound so wrong

But yeah, haven't had a chance to play with that yet. Last time he and I chatted we both thought it'd be a great fit for MCCC and he has some great ideas on how to make it even better. I'm not sure if he got the chance to implement any of those yet, so I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag on those plans. I think he was close, so those improvements to SCAM may already be in 4.0.

To explain, the SCAM can not be put in true or false on the mc center. I looked yesterday and it is automatically included in the functions. What annoys me is that you will still work on your wonderful mod, the mc center is a mod pay in terms of news and update, we must wait a few weeks to enjoy the version Free. I wish I could continue to use your version and remain free of my choices. The mc center must have a function that activates yes or no the use of your mod. Leave users free to choose what they want as an option and which one they prefer to keep active. I like to keep my freedom... Before an intervention on my reflection, I like you to know that I appreciate the work of Deaderpool, I translated for a year and a half the mc center, I am the first to have done it, I had to stop in May for sad and personal reasons. So, in my own way, I thanked him for all that. In general, I'm in no hurry in life, so I do not need to pay for pre-release, I'm waiting for the final version to come out and it suits me. But here your mod is free and it's your job, I like your job too.
PS; I have a question, I am using your TS4 conflict Detector, there is an update that was announced to me. Access is denied to me. How can I update? Should we donate or otherwise? Thanks for your help
Deceased
Original Poster
#96 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
To explain, the SCAM can not be put in true or false on the mc center. I looked yesterday and it is automatically included in the functions.

PS; I have a question, I am using your TS4 conflict Detector, there is an update that was announced to me. Access is denied to me. How can I update? Should we donate or otherwise? Thanks for your help

@heidi137 - SCAM should work fine in conjunction with MCCC as far as I am aware and unless something has changed. I was able to run both at the same time, as I said they just won't share configurations so you should choose to use one or the other. Another option is to remove the mc_tuner.t4script file from the MCCC mod folder. That will completely remove the MCCC version of SCAM. Unfortunately it will also remove some other features of the MCCC Tuner module, e.g. Stay the Night is friendly, Teen Ask to Move In, things like that.

One other consideration is that I'm not back modding permanently, I won't be around for the long haul, and Deaderpool has proven that he is dedicated to modding for the foreseable future. I'll be sharing my mod improvements with him, and if you choose to use his version you'll just have to wait or become a supporter of his. That's his choice and I fully back him on that, he's put so much time and effort into MCCC that I can't even imagine!

That being said, I am here modding at this time and should be around for a while making fixes and improvements. BIG improvements are coming to SCAM very soon, in fact!

Regarding the TS4 Conflict Detector, that thread was locked due to my account having been hacked while I was away. There's an explanation of the event on the program description page which was returned to availability yesterday after the MTS staff checking everything out. You should be able to access it now, and the program has been updated with a new feature as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:42 PM
Thank you sooo much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 9:11 AM
PROBLEM. Discovered there is no option to turn off auto game console. Sims won't stop messing with video games and still manage to turn on tv to play it even though all is off with tv. Turned off all gaming auto stuff but sim keeps coming back to play gaming.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:37 AM
An update for the Chinese translations, thank you!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4_220557DA_80000000_020000007CD3965E_Chinese%%+STBL.zip (730 Bytes, 19 downloads)
Deceased
Original Poster
#100 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by egureh
An update for the Chinese translations, thank you!

Thanks for the update egureh, I'm updating the download now.
Page 4 of 9