Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 4:03 AM
Default Mesh looks very rough in game, but not in S4S
So this particular project has been causing me some problems for some time. I thought converting a facial hair from DAI would be a good way to learn, but that turned out not to be the case. While it looks more or less alright in S4S, in game it looks terrible. I tried adjusting the mouth of the sim to see if parts of the mesh were being hidden, but aside from some very minor changes it still looks kinda choppy. I was also trying to change the hair texture to alpha but it didn't have any effect. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if there's a problem because it's facial hair or that I had to rework it as an accessory. I've got a side-by-side comparison below.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:04 PM
Impossible to say without having the actual package to look at, but it could be bone assignments or vertex color, and one spot looks like the hair texture is showing on the skin of the face.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4