Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 5:50 AM
Default Things I Want to Find
First might be the 'Where Can I Find' forum at Sims 2 Community. I cannot access anything there. Has it been taken down?

My game broke sometime back. I finally decided to start a brand-new neighborhood with no custom content and gradually add things back as I need them. But some things (hacks) I have found a need for I can't find in my old custom content.

1. a way to keep cooks from placing the serving platter on the floor if not allowed to serve the whole 6 servings.

2. a way to prevent the daily notifications that 'sim is losing enthusiasm for (hobby interest)'. I have a hack that stops the Weekly Reports but the hobby stuff is much more frequent and annoying.

3. adults having a tantrum whenever someone else prevents them from going or doing whatever is in their queue. Like one sim is going to the fridge to get a snack but another sim is there first. Sim has a tantrum.

Would much appreciate any hints anyone can give me as to where to find hacks that would solve these problems.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 6:23 AM
The WCIF section for MTS2 is over here, you'll probably have better luck there: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=557

No idea about the mods you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 6:44 AM
For #3 you want Pescado's noroutefail:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...noroutefail.zip

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 9:38 AM
#2, look for NoHobbySpam on this page: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/
And if you play with Supernaturals, be sure to grab CreatureFixes on the same page.

Here is another site with some helpful Sims 2 mods: http://cyjon.net/node/42

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:17 AM
Moving to Where Can I Find- which is directly above Help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 1:35 AM
Thanks to all of you for your responses. Guess I better bookmark this page cause I still can't find it in the menus. Jo, what did you mean WCIF is right above Help? Which menu? I checked the Help menus and the Wiki Menus, plus Site and Discussion. Cannot remember where I used to find it. Think age is sapping my brain cells.

I already had noroutefail in my downloads but perhaps I had not yet restarted it at the time of the last tantrum. Appears to be working now. NoHobbySpam was in my old downloads. Had forgotten what it was for. It is now in game and working. Found a hack at Cyjon's that might address the serving problem. Am trying it out today.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 2:02 AM
Start at the Sims 2 board. You can get to it through Discussion > Sims 2 at the top menu. I actually have it bookmarked myself, as this site can be tricky to navigate at times.

http://modthesims.info/fd.php?f=558

You'll see the Create Forum, the Help Forum, and right under that is Where Can I Find.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 2:19 AM
Ninja'ed. But correct, simply go to the sims 2 area and look from top to bottom for all the sims 2 boards. Also if you look just above the title of your post you will see Community >Sims Discussion >Sims 2 >Sims 2 Where can I find...? Those are all clickable. You can click on 'Sims 2' and also go back to the main area that way.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Moving to Where Can I Find- which is directly above Help.

Beneath, actually.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
First might be the 'Where Can I Find' forum at Sims 2 Community.

Sims2Community is now merged back with this site.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Beneath, actually.

Yeah, you don't want me to be navigator reading a map. I read them upside down.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 12:44 AM
Thanks for the directions. Should be able to find WCIF now. Before I was just looking at the listings on each menu, and did not try any of those pages.