Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 7:23 PM
Default Attn. object creators: 64bit instances ought to be working now! (1.10)
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruModSquad
Hi guys, as of today's patch (v1.10.57) the design tool will work with CC that use the entire 64 bits of the instance. Hoping you guys can now move back to using the full instance as that is much safer long term to avoid collisions. lmk if it gives you any problems.

Source

This means we do *not* need the workaround of using "short" instances (starting with 0x00000000) now any more, thankfully -- older custom content should now Just Work with the design tool too.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 8:47 AM
That´s great! And it means, unless TSRW is changed we have to edit the COBJs/OBJDs manually the other way round.

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 9:00 AM
Or use the *mumblemumble*.172 version, which still does the long ones. (I never figured out what the difference was between that and .195 anyway)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 9:21 AM
Yes, but the *mumblemumble* version does not clone the swatches, I guess. Which is deadly if you have a set of 40 objects with each 50 recolors, all using the same textures. For me, this is the main difference.
And I hope they re-include the "Add" button in the materials soon. Since version *humblebumble* it´s grayed out, what a mess.

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims
Deceased
#5 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 5:46 AM
Anyone else still having problems with 64-bit instance IDs? I posted a follow-up to the EA link pbox posted above, but basically it looks like the high bit must be clear or else the OBJD will fail to load. The COBJ appears to load fine, but the OBJD throws an exception that it can't be found and the bb catalog shows the item with a red X.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 11:28 AM
Hm, I haven't had any issues yet .. you mean that e.g. 0x44EC942469DBBB3D works but 0xC4EC942469DBBB3D does not, yes? If you look at http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=549271 the instances are all 0xFBF4CE1EEBA9DBBA and similar, works fine for me.

Does this maybe depend on whether or not the group has the high bit set? In the upload I cited, the groups are all 0x80000000. Check that you don't accidentially have different group instances in COBJ and OBJD, as well.

Deceased
#7 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Does this maybe depend on whether or not the group has the high bit set? In the upload I cited, the groups are all 0x80000000.
Using group 0x80000000 instead of 0x00000000 fixed the issue, thanks! Important safety tip