Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#126 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 10:12 PM Last edited by K9DB : 27th Feb 2016 at 2:07 PM.
ARGH! I just realized I overwrote the progress I made with renaming and changing the ID of the XML, by putting the old version in my folder...sorry, just needed to rant, should still work for you, but just in case you notice the stupid XML is labelled "end table" again...

E: Ok, here's the corrected version:
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#127 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 1:12 AM
Your OBJDs are referencing object_toyHandGENToyBoxDino_01, the ID of which would be 309002575 / 0x126B014F but the tuning reference is 0x3FA3B9AB. The tuning in your tuningXML.package is also named object_toyHandGENToyBoxDino_01 but has an ID of 1067694507 / 0x3FA3B9AB. I don't know if that's what is causing your issues but those are actually supposed to match. "BlahBlahSirCedarWhatever" = 1759500896 = 0x68DFDA60, for example.

I still don't get what you mean with "crafted toy" vs "catalogue toy"; there is only one object (with four colour variants) in that package.

Maybe take a look at these http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=561499 -- from what you say I think they have tooltips like you want them (with crafting quality plus regular catalog stuff like environment and comfort).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#128 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 10:20 PM Last edited by K9DB : 26th Feb 2016 at 12:31 AM.
Thanks for taking a look!
And thanks for the link to your download, I was actually looking for that, but I'd completely forgotten you'd made them and that they weren't actually an original feature in my game :P
I'll take a look, but actually, I wonder if it's such a big deal if it doesn't work out, I could just add that to the text description if need be...but did it bother you? Did you craft one on the table? That's what I meant, yup, it's just one object, but when it's crafted it has a different description. It will say "Quality:...., description, Price, and environment score" Not the toy tags, but it does still function as one, so maybe no one will care anyway?

In my attempts to improve the matter, I figured out how to add the "Talk to" interactions from the big stuffed animal. I removed the ones that require animations and left the one that made sense. It works! Buuut, it seems to require a "relationship status" that shows up in the "sims you know" tab. Not sure how I feel about this...what do you think? Does that make sense?
Also wanted to add a "claim" interaction, so my sim would "have a favourite toy" kinda thing and prefer that one. I used the one for beds. The interaction works...but it doesn't seem to have an effect...looking into that right now...maybe it's just a minor XML adjustment...I HOPE!

E: Figured out how to remove the "relationship" status and requirements from the stuffed animal interactions!! Oh yeah! I'm just that smart...today at least, lol! I think that makes more sense for these particular toys, it's more work, but giving them the same gameplay as the stuffed animals might get annoying after a while? Or not? Now let's see if I can tweak them a little!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#129 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 12:57 AM
You worked on adding the talk to plants interaction for kids, do you happen to know which part of the XML is responsible for making them actually look down or up at the plants or objects?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#130 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 1:08 AM
Look for "focus" in the rig of the object. I don't know about anything in the tuning that would influence this.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#131 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Look for "focus" in the rig of the object. I don't know about anything in the tuning that would influence this.

Thanks!! You put me on the right track! I was about to give up thinking I'd never find it. It wasn't the rig, but it was a great help to be able to narrow it down to "focus". It was in the XML, just not the one I thought. Found it!!
I'm so glad I could change it, it looks so much more natural when the kids talk to the toy now
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#132 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:17 PM
Ah, where is that exactly? I never had to change that so far -- I'd only seen "_focus_" bones in the rigs of say, mirrors.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#133 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:32 PM
Yes, that was exactly my problem. I wanted kids to gain social and charisma skill like they would with a mirror, so that's what I used as a base for this interaction. But with that they would just stare into space instead of the toy.
The mirrors "practice speech" interaction uses a list of "mixer interactions". Like this one: \interaction\S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000003544_mirror_PracticeSpeech1.xml
Inside there you'll find this: <V n="basic_focus" t="disable_focus"/>
I changed the "disable" to "tunable" and there it was! The kids now actually look like they're talking to the toy, no matter where you put it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#134 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 3:06 PM Last edited by K9DB : 27th Feb 2016 at 5:18 PM.
What's the difference between FNV32 and FNV64? I'm busy renaming and renumbering my XML's and noticed you mentioned using FNV64 in your tutorial? I've been using 32 the whole time? And never used High bit. The decimal number I get from the 64 high bits is a very long minus number too. Which is better?

Wondering 'cause in the beginning you said I had to use 32bit?
Page 6 of 6