Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 6:02 AM
Default Making objects Get to Work compatible
I was wondering how to make already made objects prior to Get to Work available to sell in your Sims' store. Do they need to be remade or is there a way in S4PE or something to fix them? I know the EP just came out, but I've seen a couple items that are custom in my game that are sellable and I was trying to figure out how they did that. Note: This would be for personal use only, I am just stuck at trying to figure it out.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:50 AM
Can you give some examples of items that are sellable for you, and some that are not? I don't have the EP so I can't tell .. but unless sellability follows some hardcoded rule, one can probably tell by comparing those.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 11:37 AM
These items over here are sellable (and you can see pictures of the for sale signs, tested it in game and it worked) whereas, this object here is not (tested it in game and it didn't work).

I couldn't find anything to see the difference to change them, so I have no idea how it works. I even tested in game objects that are sellable and not, and couldn't figure it out. I'm hoping someone knows the answer.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 12:21 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Apr 2015 at 12:43 PM.
Hm I don't want to experiment with other people's content now; can you check whether the deco toys in this post http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551890 are sellable? If they are try adding 0x000004ED to the tag list in COBJ. That's a new tag that I haven't seen before the latest patch, which is in the one bath thing I just checked (and also in the deco toys) but not in the granny wallet.

According to the XML from that patch, 0x4ED is <T ev="1261">BuyCat_Shareable</T>, not sure whether that means sellable or is something about the Gallery. There is also <T ev="1321">Func_Retail</T> and so on .. if 0x4ED isn't it, try looking in the EP XML (they posted that as XML too, see the sticky in Modding Discussion) whether that also has a tag list.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:09 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:32 PM.
Well what do you know, those deco toys are sellable. Hmm...I'll try it out and see what happens.

Edit: Okay that didn't work. So what exactly am I doing in the xml? Which xml section would I look through?

Or maybe I just misunderstood where to put the instance in the COBJ. It's under Catalog Tag List?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 2:17 PM
The XML is only a reference, you don't do anything with it.

Here's a screenshot from the decorative dino:

See the first tag in the list? To add that to some other object, open the package in s4pe, select the first COBJ and press "Grid" at the bottom, then "Expand All" in the window that opens. Then click on the button with the three little dots next to "Tags", this is where you edit the tags. "Add" adds a new entry, type "0x4ED" in there. Commit, repeat for all COBJ resources, save.

Like I said I can't tell for sure whether this is what makes the difference since I can't test it myself .. but to me it looks like it.
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 2:45 PM
My S4PE doesn't look exactly like that. Here's what I see, and where I added the 0x04ED. That's the COBJ I have selected too. And doing this it didn't work in my game as intended.
Screenshots
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:15 PM
Probably one of you has my cobj wrapper and the other has snaitf's or kuree's further-edited or amalgamated version. I lost track of what incarnations it went through after I handed it over :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:15 PM
Do you perhaps have an old version? I was using 0.2d when I made that screenshot (which is also not the newest one but it works fine for this kind of thing). Also, I have Inge's/Snaitf's wrappers installed, I don't remember any more whether that would still make a difference: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/3306/

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:22 PM
I have v0.3b from https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools/releases. I don't have any wrappers though...I'll try that though.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:37 PM
Here's an object that you can use to check whether it really is this flag that makes the difference: the deco pot from here http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=550816 that I added that flag to, so that we have a direct comparison. Let me know whether that works to make it sellable? (And whether the one in the existing upload is unsellable for you, as well?)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  pbox_planter-pot-small.zip (116.0 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:39 PM
Actually I edited one of the files I want sellable per your instructions and it still wasn't sellable. But I'll try this file too just to check.

Edit: Your pot wasn't sellable either.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:08 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:19 PM.
Oh, it's the object tuning I guess -- the deco toys have object_Sculpture_NoView (S4_object_Sculpture_NoView_B61DE6B4_00000000_000000000001ABB7.xml in /object) which reads

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<I c="GameObject" i="object" m="objects.game_object" n="object_Sculpture_NoView" s="109495">
<U n="_components">
<V n="retail_component" t="enabled">
<V n="enabled" t="reference">
<T n="reference">110393<!--retailComponent_Default-->
</T>
</V>
</V>

</U>
<L n="_super_affordances">
<T>106859</T>
</L>
</I>

I dunno what 106859 is, that might also be from GTW. So try referencing that tuning? (That's in the OBJD, not COBJ -- both the name and the ID, right at the top)

Attached is another pot to test with. This has both the tag and the tuning reference now.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  pbox_planter-pot-small.zip (116.1 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 8:37 PM
I asked the creator of the set that worked, and I got a tutorial on how to do it! http://onebillionpixels.tumblr.com/...lutter-sellable
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 8:59 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 3rd Apr 2015 at 9:46 AM.
Yeah that's exactly the same thing -- change the tuning to <something I can't read but seems like it's also Maxis tuning>. (Is there anything one can do about pictures on tumblr being undecipherably tiny?)

E: ah, they have the name in the text as well. Note that "object_sculpture" (what they reference) will also add a "View" interaction -- if you don't want that, use the _NoView version mentioned above.

Part-time Hermit
#16 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 6:29 AM
From what I understand, almost any object that is clickable by a sim can be set for sale. So, I'm not sure if the lack of set for sale option necessarily has anything to do with an object being pre-Get to Work, but it's just the kind of decor that isn't clickable in the first place.

BTW, the link to Inge's wrappers is broken, is there another link to those or some other wrappers available?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:49 PM
Clickability doesn't have any impact per se (object_sculptureNoView for example has no interactions for sims, and objects that use that can be sold fine; see above) -- some Maxis objects just don't have any tuning to begin with, so they have no way to update it for the EP. Not sure whether they added tuning to these objects now in the patch.

Do you mean these Ingewrappers? http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/3306/

Part-time Hermit
#18 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Clickability doesn't have any impact per se (object_sculptureNoView for example has no interactions for sims, and objects that use that can be sold fine; see above) -- some Maxis objects just don't have any tuning to begin with, so they have no way to update it for the EP. Not sure whether they added tuning to these objects now in the patch.

Do you mean these Ingewrappers? http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/3306/

Yes, thank you. The link in the tools link post doesn't work.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 7:30 PM
That is the link from the tools link post, I just copied it from there .. o.O do I have an additional broken one somewhere? Would be nice if you could point me at it, thank you =)

Part-time Hermit
#20 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
That is the link from the tools link post, I just copied it from there .. o.O do I have an additional broken one somewhere? Would be nice if you could point me at it, thank you =)

Hmm, well, now it seems to work, but when I tried it a day or two earlier, it didn't. Or then I was imagining things. In any case, it works now! Thanks