Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 12:09 PM
hello guys, sorry to post in this thread but I think I also need help with converting a Sims 3 car model into a Sims 4 decor object for personal use. It's the 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S. I've been trying to put textures on Blender but I think I've forgotten about Blender. I tried importing it to Sims 4 Studio but the mesh doesn't show up. I have the .package file if you need it. Thanks.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 6:44 PM
Splitting off into a new thread since it's about a different project.

Have you looked at any of the tutorials that were posted in the other thread?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 1:10 AM Last edited by MasterRevan2015 : 26th Dec 2015 at 1:13 AM. Reason: screenshot attachment was not uploaded successfully
yes plasticbox.. I read related articles on object conversion but didn't helped me quite yet. I tried your suggestion about importing the package file using TSRW. This is the result. Can I fix this using Blender? Or any good steps you did before that will fix it?

Cheers
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 10:02 PM
Looks like the UV map and/or texture is off on the parts that are glass (headlights, windscreen, etc). You can fix that by re-mapping those parts/groups. See blender.org for tutorials on UV mapping in blender. Also the whole thing looks like it's very high poly; you should probably decimate that quite a bit: https://www.google.com/search?q=ble...cimate+modifier

Exporting/importing a mesh is in the Mesh tab, top right (two small buttons with the green and red arrows). TSRW has plugins for Milkshape and blender; you can also export to .obj to get a mesh into blender.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Alchemist
#5 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 2:36 AM
If you are importing a mesh back to Studio and the mesh is not showing up the most likely reason is that you did not give your new mesh the cut number of the EA mesh you want it to replace. That number is what Studio uses to determine what to replace and if the number is missing from your mesh nothing will happen when you import it. There is a tutorial HERE that shows how to give your mesh the correct cut number in Blender so that it can be successfully imported back to the .package in Studio.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 3:22 AM
@plasticbox I agree. The creator of the car mod is awesome yet very high poly. Perhaps we can decimate it.
@orangemittens That is a big possibility. Yeah, we probably need to do that.

I'm excited to work on it. Hopefully, if the creator of the Sims 3 car mod would allow me to share them as Sims 4 decors or toy models, I can post it here.

Once again, I really appreciate the help @orangemittens and @plasticbox .. I feel my modder spirit is getting back to me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 10:41 AM
Once again. Thanks guys for helping me out. I didn't have time learning all Blender's secrets but with a little tinkering and previous knowledge, I was able to do it.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 7:48 AM Last edited by MasterRevan2015 : 28th Dec 2015 at 7:52 AM. Reason: need more info
Hey guys, I did another object modding. This time, I used a new 3d model rather than converting a previous mod. I checked out everything necessary and this happened. Any ideas?
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:15 AM
Looks like your texture/s is/are missing, have a wrong file format, or have wrong proportions. For TS4, texture sizes must be a power of two (e.g. 256 x 256, 64 x 128, 1024 x 512 ... ). Depending on whether or not you need transparency, use DXT1 or DXT5.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Looks like your texture/s is/are missing, have a wrong file format, or have wrong proportions. For TS4, texture sizes must be a power of two (e.g. 256 x 256, 64 x 128, 1024 x 512 ... ). Depending on whether or not you need transparency, use DXT1 or DXT5.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. The model's textures was in bitmap format which I resized to 642x512. I experimented with another one from an awesome Sims 2 content. I resized it at 2040x1353 and it was on .png file format.

Thanks plasticbox I will attempt another run.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 11:51 AM
It worked.. I'm still learning how the mirror effects work with Sims 4. I had to tinker with the texture files a lot of times.
Screenshots