Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 3:24 PM
Default Alano Lanai, A Simcific Ocean island nation.
Greetings MTS

I'm Michael, and this is my world I have been working on for the past few months. It is called Alano Lanai, and it is a massive project that is only but 5% done. This will not be a world, but instead an entire island nation, it will not be finished anytime soon though as I am currently a college student. However this project is my baby, and I have been debating as to share my work so far, and I finally was like... Sure why not, it could help me improve my work on it.

This is the car park for one of the hotels in the resort area.

This is one of the beaches, which includes a bar and a beach house .

The Sun n Surf Motel:
Built in 1954 the Sun n Surf Motel has been a mainstay on Alanos beaches for years now. Appealing to the budget traveler who wants a good old fashioned day at the beach, it asks but one question... Are you up for a little Sun n Surf?

Fire Pointe Lighthouse:
Built in 1958 after the wreck of the SS City of Roaring Heights in which 182 Sims perished in a Typhoon. Although blocked on most sides of the island the 1'st order Fresnal Lens is still active, and the lighthouse is still manned by lightkeepers and their families. This lighthouse is regarded by the Sim City Art Deco Society as one of the most stunning examples of Art Deco architecture in the Simcific Ocean Islands.

Reileys Pub:
Opened in 1892 by Irish Simmigrants Damien, and Mary Reiley this bar has a storied history, It was uneventful up until 1932 when the Bar burned down. Damien made sure all his customers and wife got out, sadly however he did not, Mary decided to build a new pub in the then new Art Deco style with construction completed in 1934. When Intersim War 2 came around in 1942 Mary would serve drinks to the soldiers. Today this bar is still operated by the Reiley family, as it has been for generations.

Shining Tides Art Gallery:
Originally built in 1946 as a hospital, Shining Tides became an art gallery in 2006 after sitting abandoned since the mid 70's. When it closed down due to low parking capacity. Now lovingly restored, it's future looks very pretty indeed.

4 Streets Apartments (Under Construction):
Situated on the block of Starlite Blvd, Paradise Ave, Alano Circle, & Sunrise Blvd this block of apartments was built in 1936, and restored after the war to meet the growing housing demand on Alano. Each unit has two apartments, each possessing two to three bedrooms, a study, and one bathroom.

Alano Battlefield Cemetery:
Alano may be a popular resort nowadays, but it has had a bloody past. During the Second Intersim War it was the site of fierce fighting known as the Battle of Alano, the dead lie here, and you may catch a glimpse of a ghost or two. Spirits of those who died so young, they are not aware they are dead.

Alano Lanai, like all of the Simcific islands is volcanic in origins... Reminders of it's fiery past still remain, the good news is, all volcanoes on Alano are extinct... Or are they?

Alano International Airport, Ponte Nippon, the village of Ino Wahi, and Ino Wahi Market.
Alano International Airport: As a resort island Alano Lanai needed a modern airport to serve the millions of Sims that come into Alano every year for it's warm climate, Art Deco architecture, and white sand beaches. So in 1970 they took out the old one built for pre ISWII planes, and built a new one, which remains one of the largest of any Simcific island nation.

Ponte Nippon:
This is one of the few Pre ISW II structures on Alano. Built by the islands former owners the Simsanese in 1912 Pointe Nippon miraculously survived both Intersim Wars unscathed. Visiting this building is the only reason to visit Ino Wahi. Alano Historic Landmark No 1

Ino Wahi:
Ino Wahi is a poor riverside/seaside town in Alano, the roads are dirt, and it is linked to the rest of Alano by two old metal bridges.

Ino Wahi Market:
This is your typical market in the poor areas of Alano. Ino Wahis market is open air, and sells your variety of Fish, Fruit, Books, and Meats, to island crafts, and fresh baked bread. Being the only shop in the village of 7 houses the villagers must buy here or trek miles to the capitol city of Adamsville.

Whitewater Tropica River Camp:
Originally built as Simerican Barraks during Intersim War II this structure was restored by Whitwater Rafting company Tropica as one of their camps. Isolated from the rest of Alano this historic structure contains several communal buildings and an officers quarters suite. Alano Historic Landmark: #2

This world will require the Expansion Packs and Store Content as follows:
Roaring Heights
Nightlife
Island Paradise
Pets
Ambitions
World Adventures
University Life
Seasons

CC is as follows:
Miami Buildset 1&2 from TSR
Areto Bathroom Set from TSR
Art Deco Buildset Part 1 from TSR
All the Cap Modern sets from TSR
Art Deco Wall & Pattern Set 2011 from TSR

List will be updated as I do more cross checking.

Any comments, feedback, constructive criticism is appreciated.

Cheers
Michael
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 3:43 PM Last edited by simsample : 2nd Jul 2016 at 9:37 AM. Reason: Typo!
It looks beautiful, I particularly like the second picture! :lovestruc

You could try blending some terrain paints to give more realistic textures; we have some tips here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=429452