Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheBear
It solely boils down to calories and has nothing to do with healthy or unhealthy. If you require 2,500 calories per day to maintain your current weight and you wolf down 5,000 every day for a month it matters absolutely not what you eat, you will add 2,500 units of energy that are not required and they will be stored somewhere. It's how the body works.

As someone who recently lost 35#, this is true, but quality (healthy food) helps in two big ways:

if you only eat tons of simple carbs, your body doesn't get what it needs, so you remain hungry-- even 4000 calories later

some foods just fill you up better. I can eat 1500 calories of a milkshake and still be able to eat another 1500 calories of a burger+fries (I still do that once a week *sigh* used to do it daily). The bun, fries, and milkshake, none of them are all that filling yet they're terribly calorific.
but half a pound of green beans and a couple eggs will have me painfully full for about 400 calories.

there was a fellow who lost weight on a diet of mostly twinkies, vitamin supplements, and strict calorie counting; but I'm sure he was hungrier on his twinkies than I was on my meat and green veggies.
Page 2 of 2