Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#126 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 7:02 PM
Thanks! I was going for a townhouse that would look good in the country or the city, depending on where you would like it! Its on a 40X40 lot so it can go anywhere!

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 10:11 PM
Hey Johnny, Your cottage looks great! It has the feeling of a somewhat abandon desert cottage! The landscaping looks perfect to me. The color and detailing of the house looks well done.

And Fergie, Your Queenslander cottage looks good and the colors pleasing to the eye and go very well together. The wraparound porch is well laid out!

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#128 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 8:18 PM
Thanks. That townhouse has a very interesting design, especially from the side. It reminds me of a house I saw (online) in NC. I'll see if i can find it again.
Forum Resident
#129 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 12:27 AM Last edited by TudorMan23 : 13th Aug 2013 at 3:21 AM.
I actually based it off a house plan I found online! I just need to find it and show you.
I found the plan:
http://www.familyhomeplans.com/plan...image-slideshow

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#130 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 11:16 AM
Church Street, Morganton, NC was where the house is located.

Admitedly it doesn't look much like you design as far as the colours and coverings are concerned, but the general shape is there.
Scholar
#131 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 6:48 PM
I've also been working on bringing my earlier uploads up to my current standards
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#132 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 2:49 AM
Oh yea, I actually have seen that house on Pinterest! The side of my townhouse kind of does have the same shape!

Your cottage looks so much better and more professional now!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#133 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 4:00 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 15th Aug 2013 at 8:02 PM.
Some backyard tweaking.

I'm not sure if the access to the basement work, gotta test it

Edit:
Started working on a new cottage, this time it's a darker one with a backstory.

Ahpuch Cottage

This is the cottage no one knows anything about.
A very long time ago, villagers had to move from their vally because it slowly flooded by the nearby lake, Which is now the biggest in the Red Desert. A few workers and the priest searched for another valley and found this one, empty, with some small lakes which coast was good for harvesting. It was only a onde day march and they went back, excited about the new valley. 2 days later, the villagers arrived with their ownings and wood to build their new homes, but something wasn't quite right. Where did the road come from? And that house, where they wanted to build, wasn't there 2 days ago. Whne they slowly came near the house with mixed feelings, they saw how dark it was and it's aggressive gabled roof.
Where did it come from and who build it? And who'd build like that? It was a house build like they've never seen before. The color, the roof, a porch. And what is that weird barn with that weird gate? It was the future.
When they approached the house it made noise, loud, moaning, and cracking sounds! The villagers slept far away in improvised tents that night, but noticed that they had to build near the cottage because it was the best ground. The people copied the design, even though afraid, but with a different touch and happier colors to feel better. The cottage was born.
Years and years later, the village kept expanding around the Ahpuch cottage, which made more and more noise. The villagers made the decision to burn down the house. The fire started, spread fast, and soon the whole house was burning. The villagers watched the moment, waiting for the house to finally collapse, but nothing happened. Not even the paint teared off. The house started to moan, loud, louder, earth shattering. The villagers hid in their homes watching the house burn for 2 more days, with no result.

Still no one knows who or what built that house, what's inside, and where the moaning and cracking sounds come from. People believe that witches, demons, or even the devil himself built the house. Who else was able to create a road and a house in 2 days?
Pictures of the inside excist, but only a few. A photographer with big B's wasn't afraid to enter the house and when in with his polaroid camera, with the stunned eyes of his public. 10 minutes later the house made the moaning, cracking noise again, 'spitting' the pictures out of the upper story windows, but no photographer leaving the house. One picture shows the fireplace, burning, from the fire ages ago.

(interior pics)
What do you think? The story is made up from scratch. The only planned sentence was 'People believe that witches, demons, or even the devil himself built the house'
Screenshots

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#134 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 9:47 PM
Wow, they both look awesome! Although reading the description for the creepy house, I get the impression that English isn't youre first/native language.
I've been working some more on one of my own projects; my Yorkshire Moores style home. I've been doing some gardening.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#135 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 2:48 AM
Johnny, The dessert cottage is looking so good! I really like the landscaping in the backyard! And Your darker cottage looks good too!

Fergie, Your Yorkshire Moore's style house looks so much better now with the landscaping. And the outdoor lighting looks great!

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#136 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 10:33 AM
Thanks! It's inspired by the Bronte Sisters' Parsonage in Haworth, Yorkshire:

I quite liked how you could see its evolution over time, with the original 5 bay Georgian range and the later Victorian wing on the side. Although my version is to a grander scale. I'm still going to go for the traditional English interior that I know and love. You can see some more pics here, here and on google images of the house and the kind of interior it has.
Also, Johnny, I was inspired by your story to write something similar:

Alchemist
#137 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 11:15 AM
Yes, English isn't my native language. If anyone one of you want, you could translate the story to proper English I always have trouble with my English when I have to write long stories or texts.

Fergie I really like the outdoor lightning of the house

#138 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 11:21 AM
I'd be happy to help with translating. English Literature is my best subject. Let me know if you need help with any other long story translations, my German isn't very good, but if I can get a feeling for what you are trying to say I'm sure I can point you in the right direction.
Alchemist
#139 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergie_F
I'd be happy to help with translating. English Literature is my best subject. Let me know if you need help with any other long story translations, my German isn't very good, but if I can get a feeling for what you are trying to say I'm sure I can point you in the right direction.

It's not neccassery to speak German, as long as my English doesn't get worse I hope you understood the story, partly. If you want, you can translate it and just paste it here or send it to me as PM

#140 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 9:39 PM
I improved the translation.
This is the cottage no one knows anything about.

A very long time ago, villagers had to move from their valley because it was slowly being flooded by the nearby lake, which is now the biggest in the Red Desert.

A few workers and the priest went searching for another valley and found this one, empty, with some small lakes full of fish, ripe for harvesting. It was only a day’s hike away and so they went back, excited about the new valley. Two days later, the villagers arrived with their belongings and materials to build new homes. But something wasn't quite right. Where did the road come from? And that house, where they wanted to build, wasn't there two days ago. As they slowly approached the house with mixed feelings they saw how dark it was and its foreboding gabled roof.

Where did it come from and who built it? And who'd build a house in that style? The house was like nothing they’d ever seen before. The colour, the roof, the porch. And what is in that mysterious barn with that strange gate? It was the future.

When they approached the house it made a loud moaning noise, and creaking sounds!
The villagers slept far away in improvised tents that night, but it would soon be apparent that they had to build near the cottage because it was on the most suitable ground. The people copied the design, even though afraid, but with a different touch and happier colours to feel better. The cottage was born.

Years and years later, the village kept expanding around the Ahpuch cottage, which made more and more noise. The villagers made the decision to burn down the house. They started a fire, which spread fast; soon the whole house was burning. The villagers watched, waiting for the house to finally collapse, but nothing happened. Not even the paint peeled off. The house started to moan, louder and louder, the very ground it was built on began to shake. The villagers hid in their homes watching the house smoulder for two more days, with no result.

Still, no one knows who, or what, built the house, what's inside or even where the moaning and creaking sounds come from. People believe that witches, demons, or even the devil himself built the house. Who else was able to create a road and a house in two days?
Pictures of the inside exist, but only a few. A photographer with big B's wasn't afraid to enter the house and went in with his Polaroid camera, much to the shock of the locals. Ten or so minutes later the house made the moaning and creaking noises again; 'spitting' the pictures out of the upper storey windows. But the photographer never left the house. One of the pictures shows the fireplace; still burning from the fire ages ago.
I felt like a teacher marking a student's work, it was a weird feeling. But the story was just as interesting to read through a second time.
I hope this helps.
Alchemist
#141 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 11:19 PM
Thank you very much I think I leave 'photographer with big B's' out, because I think you don't know what I mean with it
When I sumbit this one you'll ofcourse be in the credits

Edit:
And I was so sure about my English

#142 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 6:07 PM
Your English was good, better than that of some people I know who have English as their native/only language. You could certainly show them a thing or two. Did you learn English at school?
Alchemist
#143 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 12:10 AM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 18th Aug 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Well, in the Netherlands TV shows like CSI are in English with Dutch subtitles, so you learn most of it unconsciously. In Germany i've learned some grammar. So I partly had
English in school, because I've learned a lot from Computergames and internet too

Edit: Fixed the text to a less drunk one.

#144 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:36 PM
You get CSI over there too?!
(I know it's a little off topic, but) Has the show "Les Revenants" been on over there? It's a French tv show that was on tv over here in England a while ago (in French with English subtitles). In the UK, learning French or German is compulsory in school, but not everyone is keen to learn/pay attention in those lessons The only language I'm able to speak is English, I remembered some French when I was over in Brittany last summer, but not enough to have a proper conversation, although I can discuss the weather, condoms and "No thanks, I'm just browsing".

P.S. By "Big B's" I take it you meant balls.
Alchemist
#145 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 8:37 PM
Yes we get CSI, Ncis, TBBT, scrubs, etc. etc.
I've never heard of Les Revenant, even though it could be on TV (In the Netherlands, I know it's not on TV here in Germany).

Quote:
P.S. By "Big B's" I take it you meant balls.

Exactly. But I'm still leaving it out. PG13 and such

#146 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:02 PM
Lol, anyway, you are all cordially invited to Bertram's Hotel in the West End of London. Upon entering, you'll feel as if you have stepped back in time to the Edwardian era. Feel free to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a cup of tea and a scone or two. You may even choose to investigate any murders or mysteries that you may discover on your stay with us at Bertram's, especially is you are an elderly spinster by the name of Jane Marple.

I'm a big fan of Agatha Christie, and having read "At Bertram's Hotel" and seen one of the tv adaptations, I was inspired to recreate it. It's not nearly finished though, I still have to finalise the internal layout, which needs adjusting as yet. Then will come the massive task of furnishing such a grand hotel.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#147 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:46 PM
Wow, Fergus the hotel looks grand and imposing and yet a bit welcoming as well! I l like how you "carved out" the land for the basement!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#148 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 2:37 PM
The hotel looks sweet! Can't wait for interior pics

#149 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
The hotel looks sweet! Can't wait for interior pics

Lol, you're in for a shock then. I'm still playing about with the internal layout but I thought I'd share what exists so far, I rebuilt the rear to better accomodate the grand staircase I want to create.
Also Johnny Bravo, I kind of lost the orignal version of your swiss/norwegian style home that you shared with me. So I've had to start again, I've attached pics of what I've done so far with changing the internal layout to make a grander entrance space. It still needs a lot of work, just like Bertram's.
Alchemist
#150 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 12:01 PM
I like the interior layout of the hotel and the changes to my Mansion/Villa/Estate/Whatever

Page 6 of 98