Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:31 PM
Default "assistant" monarch
It would be really nice to have an "assistant" monarch for those who added their monarch's spouses to their active family. I feel like my king's wife, and therefore the queen , should have some responsibilities to carry out (at least while playing the king), and possibly her own throne and the ability to hold court and do other things a monarch would do. What does everyone think about that, either as a mod or something for EA to include?

On a totally different note, anyone know how to kill children in the game? lol.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:11 AM
Hmm, a second throne for the queen would be nice indeed.
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:18 AM
I'm pretty sure someone will soon figure out a way to assign NPC professions to the Simmies, so your royal spouse could indeed become the royal advisor or whatever you'd like. I'm looking forward to that as well! Especially since the game can't handle multiple heroes sharing the same profession (you can turn any Sim into a wizard, spy, physician, etc with the debug commands). So if you want to use the debug enabler remember to never ever have more than one Sim of a hero profession. TSM is a little stupid and if one of your heroes dies or you intentionally kill him the building associated with that hero's profession will have no hero assigned to it even though you still have another hero to take over. Erm. Sorry, that may not have made sense to you right now but you'll know what I mean if you give the debug commands a try. heh.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:23 AM
you can always marry the royal adviser and edit them in CAS to your liking with mod in the mods sticky thread.(page 8, i think) this should work until someone comes up with a mod for it.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:34 PM
Yees, well, I'm sure there are people out there who'd consider it dreamy to marry their King to a black guy looking kinda like Samuel L. Jackson -- and let me say that there's nothing wrong with that and I'm not judging anyone -- but it's not my cut of tea
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:40 PM
Well, you could use the "edit in CAS " mod to turn Samuel L. Jackson into Scarlett Johansson...

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:29 PM
My royal advisor looks like Jeanne d'Arc.

The NPC roles are randomized in every new ambition, so you royal advisor will probably look different next time. Maybe your executor will look like Samuel, though :D
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:53 AM
But maybe if you marry your royal advisor he/she will no longer be the advisor and the game will spawn a new one? I mean, "royal advisor" and "consort" are maybe two different NPC roles that can't be held by the same Sim? Just saying.

And yes, it's stupid that the consort doesn't have a slightly more active role. Or even better, spouses of the heroes could become heroes too. I mean my Queen consort can't even wear a f####g crown or call for food!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:01 PM
i had my wizard marry the elf lord of effenmont, then used testingcheats to make him playable. he can still do his royal duties and can call for food, and my wizard makes it for him (even if she doesn't have the ingredients in her inventory). so i guess she's his wife/ personal slave. oi.