Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#8101 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:10 PM
Nice have too watch some of the videos. I got the game preordered too
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8102 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:27 PM
I wonder what would compel EA to release such an empty pack of hey believes they weren’t going to make money off of it.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#8103 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:44 PM
The budget probably went for Babie Ariel or whoever that "celebrity" we have the pleasure to get with this "expansion" pack.
Alchemist
#8104 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:32 PM
SimGuruKate having the guts to claim that the world is smaller because they want to avoid performance issues when the whole game engine for The Sims 4 is already tailor-made to prevent it. Belladonna Cove isn't going to run faster if you cut it in half, it's the same case.

what does his name even mean?
One Minute Ninja'd
#8105 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:42 PM
This really does remind me of SHT in that you have an interactive performer career that may very well he fun to play through. Once or twice. Then what are you left with? A fame system you don't want outside of that limited gameplay and a world too small to do much with. Even demolishing every lot doesn't leave you with much.

There is some new content that can spread across other worlds. I actually like the media celebrity idea because it is far more relevant today than ever. And the media table setup looks cool. Again, of limited game play utility, sort of like the photo studio, but it does make for good props for particular builds. We won't know until it's out but the media influencer might have some replay value.

Still much like SHT you will likely get bored with the career but then just be left with some content. From a content perspective I didn't see a lot of appealing items outside of what I just mentioned. The decision to the player will be worth the price of a career you'll be bored of after a few plays through it. It might be worth it at GP prices of half off.
Mad Poster
#8106 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
SimGuruKate having the guts to claim that the world is smaller because they want to avoid performance issues when the whole game engine for The Sims 4 is already tailor-made to prevent it.

And yet here we are, four years later, with a game whose performance gets worse with each pack. You know...that thing they kept shitting on TS3 for.

The problem, admittedly, isn't as bad. But it's still there.

Not sure if it's related, but for the past year and a half, I've had to close my browser while playing TS4 or else the game runs like garbage. Never have to do that with TS3 or TS2.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#8107 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge

I think pre-ordering something should mean you legally forfeit the right to any complaints or criticisms. You are quite literally part of the problem.

That's kinda yes or no, depending on the situation. Though I'd wait for sale If I felt an expansion pack oddly unusual felt like a game pack. It's a bit irking when somebody adds such a concert yet announces they had made the decision that doesn't help with what they believe. Does he not care or didn't check and took a good look at the price tag.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8108 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:46 AM Last edited by daisylee : 24th Oct 2018 at 8:45 AM.

I think pre-ordering something should mean you legally forfeit the right to any complaints or criticisms. You are quite literally part of the problem.

Because we purchase anything/something does not mean that we cannot evaluate it objectively. I drove my prior car for 16 years and loved it. Have had the "new" one for 2 years now. The fact that it is a Honda and not a Mercedes does not mean that I am part of a problem for buying it. I can see issues with it but overall it was a very good choice.

I usually never watch the YIB videos but saw one to see the world. The person was very open about the issues of the world.

We all make decisions about what we want to purchase and/or like, and each of us can and should do what we want.
Instructor
#8109 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:13 PM
lmao no matter how small the world, they still don't have any idea how to fix simulation lag. so joke's on them.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8110 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
lmao no matter how small the world, they still don't have any idea how to fix simulation lag. so joke's on them.

If you're meaning what I think, I don't think it's connected at all. That's not lag in the "too much stuff loaded" sense, it's because their cycle for polling new instructions is too long.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#8111 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:22 PM
eh I think what I mean is, even if the world is smaller than forgotten hollow, the game would get lagged eventually because of stupid simulation lag.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Theorist
#8112 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Because we purchase anything/something does not mean that we cannot evaluate it objectively. I drove my prior car for 16 years and loved it. Have had the "new" one for 2 years now. The fact that it is a Honda and not a Mercedes does not mean that I am part of a problem for buying it. I can see issues with it but overall it was a very good choice.

I usually never watch the YIB videos but saw one to see the world. The person was very open about the issues of the world.

We all make decisions about what we want to purchase and/or like, and each of us can and should do what we want.

Pre-ordering means you're willing to purchase anyway regardless of quality. You aren't bothering to wait to see what you're buying, you'll pay for it anyway. like opening a gameshow curtain.

Pre-ordering lets the team know that there are blind adoring fans willing to purchase whatever garbage they make without scrutiny. It doesn't matter how much people complain AFTER release if they've already made their pre-order sales. They can eventually get away with blatantly lying to us before release.

So yeah, if you pre-order you should shut your hole and take whatever shitty cards you got in the blind pack you purchased because you weren't willing to wait to see what was inside before forking over your cash.

Congratulations, y'all just payed $50 for a booster pack of 8 diglett because you thought there'd be a charizard inside.
Mad Poster
#8113 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:48 PM
Pre-ordering means you're willing to purchase anyway regardless of quality. You aren't bothering to wait to see what you're buying, you'll pay for it anyway. like opening a gameshow curtain.

Pre-ordering lets the team know that there are blind adoring fans willing to purchase whatever garbage they make without scrutiny. It doesn't matter how much people complain AFTER release if they've already made their pre-order sales. They can eventually get away with blatantly lying to us before release.

So yeah, if you pre-order you should shut your hole and take whatever shitty cards you got in the blind pack you purchased because you weren't willing to wait to see what was inside before forking over your cash.

Congratulations, y'all just payed $50 for a booster pack of 8 diglett because you thought there'd be a charizard inside.

There has been enough information available for people to make an informed decision now. And what they do really is none of your business. And I am sure they would all tell you that.
Theorist
#8114 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:50 PM
There has been enough information available for people to make an informed decision. And what they do really is none of your business.

Supposedly It's not my business who other people vote for either but I can have an opinion on it because it affects my life and my future.

I'd argue that anything that personally affects you is your business. And people still willing to pre-order is systematically destroying my favourite game franchise. Or what used to be my favourite game franchise.

I'm just here because of bystander syndrome now. I wanna see how long this wreck can burn before the gas tank explodes.
Mad Poster
#8115 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:53 PM
Are you even playing 4? Most of the folks here who complain about it nonstop are not even playing it. You can wallow in your anger all you want. It accomplishes nothing.
Theorist
#8116 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:56 PM
Are you even playing 4? Most of the folks here who complain about it nonstop are not even playing it. You can wallow in your anger all you want. It accomplishes nothing.

Isn't whether I pay the game or not none of your business? c:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8117 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:57 PM
You don’t know what we do. Clearly the criticisms come from somewhere. Even if we aren’t plugging 405 hours a day into the game, there’s more than enough information out there to give a fair assessment about the game.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#8118 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:02 PM
The fact that you will not answer shows that either you play and do not want to admit it, or as many, you just post with your bad attitude about a game you do not even play. Your posts will not change whether anyone will pre-order a game or not.

Aha, you just said you are a bystander, as I suspected. Maybe it is time to spend your time on a game you actually like?
Theorist
#8119 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:04 PM
Why are the only people who are allowed to complain about a game the people who still enjoy playing it? Shouldn't people who have been driven away from the game due to poor design direction be entitled to an opinion as to why?

TBH I don't much care for your --pardon the buzz-word-- toxic attitude. What gives you the right to decide who belongs here?
Mad Poster
#8120 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:07 PM
Why are the only people who are allowed to complain about a game the people who still enjoy playing it? Shouldn't people who have been driven away from the game due to poor design direction be entitled to an opinion as to why?

There is nothing wrong with having your reasons for no longer playing. I have not played in months. It is your condemnation of others who do not do just as you want, not pre-order, is the problem. It is not for you to judge them. They have as much of a right to their choices as you do to yours.
Theorist
#8121 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with having your reasons for no longer playing. I have not played in months. It is your condemnation of others who do not do just as you want, not pre-order, is the problem. It is not for you to judge them. They have as much of a right to their choices as you do to yours.

But you can judge me for complaining about a game I no longer play and suggesting I don't belong in this community?

Also isn't it about time we get back on topic?
Mad Poster
#8122 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:12 PM
I can judge your attitude to others. And to me you are just wasting your time/life on dissing a game you clearly now have no interest in. Life is short. It seems like it would be more fun to be discussing a game you like and are playing. ?????
Theorist
#8123 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:17 PM
I can judge your attitude to others. And to me you are just wasting your time/life on dissing a game you clearly now have no interest in. Life is short. It seems like it would be more fun to be discussing a game you like and are playing. ?????

On the contrary you'll find the people who complain about the game the most are the people who care about it the most. And you'll also find a lot of people here deeply offended by your assumption.

We know what kind of potential the game has. It pains us to see it being wasted on memes and shallow, meaningless content. We want to push the developers back on track, to make a game we can enjoy and be proud to call a sims title. But no one can do that so long as they're still making money. No amount of telling a child what they're doing wrong is going to change their behaviour if you're still giving them candy every time they misbehave.

Unfortunately both parents need to be on the same page for discipline to work. However we currently don't agree and your pre-order candy is undermining our boycott time-out.

And how dare you accuse us of not loving our child just because we want to discipline them and not let them get away with whatever behaviour they want. We'll see how you feel when you have to bail them out of prison 10 years from now and are stuck with a damn dentist bill from all your candy.
Mad Poster
#8124 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:26 PM
On the contrary you'll find the people who complain about the game the most are the people who care about it the most. And you'll also find a lot of people here deeply offended by your assumption.

We know what kind of potential the game has. It pains us to see it being wasted on memes and shallow, meaningless content. We want to push the developers back on track, to make a game we can enjoy and be proud to call a sims title. But no one can do that so long as they're still making money. No amount of telling a child what they're doing wrong is going to change their behaviour if you're still giving them candy every time they misbehave.

You are assuming that folks from EA are reading your comments here and that they will make any difference whatsoever. Your complaints have been posted here probably 100 times already. This community represents less than 1% of the sims community I am sure. This is a tiny pond. If you think your posts here will push the developers here to make any changes, don't hold your breath.

I am as aware of the issues as well as anyone. But the game is making money as the majority/many players are happy with it, or enough that they have the sales they have. Yes, I would like a better game too. But the anger here is not going to get that.
Theorist
#8125 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:31 PM
Aaaaaaand we always end on the "I can't make a difference so why should I try" argument. This becomes a pointless stalemate and eventually the moderators come in and delete everything to get us back on topic. I'll save them the trouble and end it here.

We'll talk again when you reach your own breaking point with the series.
Locked thread
Page 325 of 447