Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#76 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 12:08 AM
Okay, morphs can be imported, but how are they exported?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 1:09 PM
how the morph export with blender?
I tried to export as normal geom and made morph in milkshape but not work

meshing in blender is easier than milkshape for me
Test Subject
#78 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 2:33 AM
I am Very new to this. Its says in step two that I need to export GEOM from Sim3pe but Were do I find that file? Again I'm very new to this so if you could be specific as possible That would be appreciated.
Forum Resident
#79 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 10:17 PM
load fullbuild0.package from ..\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages into s3pe.
Sort on tags, and look for resources with the GEOM tag. Right click on the one you
want to export and select 'export to file'.
Test Subject
#80 Old 1st May 2011 at 4:34 AM
@lenglel Do you happen to know the names of the naked body parts of the sims? Are they separate like "left arm", "Right Leg", "Torso"? The list that shows up when I load this into S3PE is so massive and it takes FOREVER to load the list. Like Hours. I tried Postal and it loaded it in like a second. But it doesn't give me the names of the geom files. How do I find what GEOM file I want?

I found what I needed thanks anyways.

P.s. Thank your for your info on what package I needed in the first place.
Test Subject
#81 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:21 PM
Looks like a great tool I'd love to use it except for some reason its not showing up in the import/ export lists I have windows 7 and I'm not quite sure my path for python scripts is set up properly either. Any suggestions would be great tried using google and I did what was suggested but nothing has worked.
Test Subject
#82 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mini_maria
Looks like a great tool I'd love to use it except for some reason its not showing up in the import/ export lists I have windows 7 and I'm not quite sure my path for python scripts is set up properly either. Any suggestions would be great tried using google and I did what was suggested but nothing has worked.

Did you put them in the scripts folder, because if so I'm having the same problem.
Test Subject
#83 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 11:32 PM
Is this outdated or something? I'm have the same problem as above. I've tried both to install the importer/exporter as addons and tried placing their files into the scripts folder as suggested but it does not show up.
Test Subject
#84 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lonebard
Is this outdated or something? I'm have the same problem as above. I've tried both to install the importer/exporter as addons and tried placing their files into the scripts folder as suggested but it does not show up.

It's outdated, you need Blender version 2.49 to use it. After that they somehow changed the way scripts work. You can download an older version of Blender at their website though. Hope I helped.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 11:41 PM
So I am trying to install blender 2.49 from their website and I do not know what I need to download because I am a n00b and blind.

What from here do I download:

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.49/

There was also 2.49a and 2.49b, do I need those or just 2.49?

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it! :D
Test Subject
#86 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 7:48 AM
Quote:
- Do not change verts at seams as this will make seams visible in the game. Export script copies normals of unmoved verts from the original file, so, if seams are not touched, everything will be fine (this can be fixed in future).

Thanks, Morgade. Did you ever work out a solution around the problem with seams?
Test Subject
#87 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alizatina
So I am trying to install blender 2.49 from their website and I do not know what I need to download because I am a n00b and blind.

What from here do I download:

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.49/

There was also 2.49a and 2.49b, do I need those or just 2.49?

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it! :D

I'm using 2.49b. I would guess that it works on any 2.49, but I'm not sure. You will also need the python codes available on the site. I'm using python26. Then you need Morgade's geom...py files (downloadable from this thread) inside the scripts folder in the .blend folder. Mine is in C:\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts on windows7. It depends where you install you're blender program.
Test Subject
#88 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 9:09 PM
Hi, can you explain your instructions again for me please on how to install the geom as i dont under stand where to install them and i have tried and failed. also which file do i instal and where.

thanks Jane_Doe
Forum Resident
#89 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 10:16 PM
Hiya, I'm having some issues with these scripts (they just won't work at all) and I think they may need updating for blender 2.59.
Last I tried these was ages ago and they showed up fine but since I've re-downloaded the latest blender (win 7 64bit) they're not showing up. The directory for scripts is diffrent for 2.59, I've tried in all sub folders within the scrips folder as well as installing them as add on's from user preferences in blender.
This has happened before and it turned out the script needed updating for 2.59 but if that's not the problem then any help to get it working for me will be mucho, mucho appreciated :D

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#90 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 10:49 PM Last edited by cmomoney : 14th Sep 2011 at 11:31 PM.
These scripts were written for 2.49, so they won't work in any 2.5 versions. I started to develop a 2.5 version, found here, but I stopped development of it due to lack of feedback. I don't know enough about the 'CAS Parts' side of modding to develop a tool with no feedback.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#91 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 11:22 PM Last edited by missy harries : 14th Sep 2011 at 11:35 PM.
Argggg!!!! and I can't veiw your thread either, though I'm not sure how useful my feed back would be since I'm new and unsure about CAS Parts........ Hmmmm, is it worth installing a earlier blender so I can at least start a project?
It's damn that Milkshape taking all the attention off blender :P

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#92 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
Argggg!!!! and I can't veiw your thread either...

Actually, that was my fault: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=443780

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#93 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 11:38 PM
Ahh thank you! I'll give it a go and report back to that thread :D

Test Subject
#94 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 1:22 AM
Is there a way to get this stuff to work with Blender 2.60? If not, can someone help me find another solution, because I can't find any information about using Blender for creating clothes for The Sims 3 anywhere!
Alchemist
#95 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Electribird
Is there a way to get this stuff to work with Blender 2.60? If not, can someone help me find another solution, because I can't find any information about using Blender for creating clothes for The Sims 3 anywhere!
This is a very outdated thread. You may find more help here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=443780
Test Subject
#96 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens

Finally, something helpful! Thank you so wonderfully much!
Test Subject
#97 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens

oh, can somebody please make this a sticky or something, i had to go through the whole thread to reach here
thankyou
Test Subject
#98 Old 27th May 2012 at 9:40 AM
i have a problem. i have installed it all in the plugin map, but it isnt in the inport menu. im using windows 7.
Test Subject
#99 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 12:19 AM
I have the newer version of Blender for my mac and it seems i can't find the scripts folder anywhere. I've followed instructions online and I managed to stumble over the file but it is in a completely different location than listed. it also contains many other folders. I tried to import the attached file but they are not showing up on blender. I'm a complete beginner to any of these things. I've never made anything in my life nor have a touched a 3d rendering program before, blender. but i really want to make my own custom content in the future. please help! I've read the other tutorials but im stuck here since this is where i being >~<

Test Subject
#100 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 12:22 AM
Petitecake- check the link just recently posted if you haven't already, that has the blender plugins for the current version. I'm also on a mac with no blender experience and I just got it working without a hitch- just be sure to follow the instructions there (preferences->install addon in particular, you don't need to go on a hunt for the right folders when blender places them on its own) and you should do fine.
Page 4 of 5