Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 7:19 AM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 25th Sep 2018 at 2:48 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CH Hospital Help (Solved)
I'm having a couple of issues using Chris Hatch's hospital. I've contacted him directly already but suspect he's quite busy. In case anyone else has encountered these issues and knows a fix I figured I'd post here in the meantime.

First problem is that I suddenly can't get sims to the hospital lot whatsoever. They will call the hospital, the taxi comes, they will get in and then immediately get out again and the taxi leaves. No error shows up (I have testingcheatsenabled on though I've tried with it off too). I've tried on new, empty neighbourhoods, and older ones. The very first one I placed seems to be the only one that ever worked. I've tried removing all downloads except for the mod with no improvement.

Second issue is (when I'm able to play the lot) I can't seem to get children or elders to attend as patients. The mod is recognising that the rooms with a vase and toybox are off limits to other age groups but children aren't coming for them either. There are toyboxes for them, a grandfather clock for elders and the ambulance is set to general hospital but I'm still having no luck. Maybe this will sort itself out once the primary problem above is addressed?

Is there anything else I should try?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 3:11 PM
First one - you do have a lot designated as a hospital by placing the ambulance on the lot and then setting it up? Just the one hospital lot per neighbourhood (you can have multiples but you need to set one as the main hospital)?

As it's a community lot (the hospital), I'm not sure kids can visit without a hack (not sure, Chris might have overridden that restriction). You do have the NPC and other stuffs needed for a hospital to function?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 1:58 AM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 25th Sep 2018 at 2:47 AM.
Yep, made sure of all that. Compared to the test neighbourhood where it does work, nothing is different so I don't get why the sim jumps out of the car again. At first I assumed it was one bugged lot/household, but it happens anywhere.

For the other problem, I missed that one line about four patients being the limit, and I had a good eight vases out. By priority it seems to favour adults, but quickly clicking 'No Adults' on the ambo helped with that. So that's solved.

EDIT. Think I found what was wrong. There were no other community lots in these hoods so the game must have been concluding there are no destinations and kicks the sim out.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.