Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 8:52 PM
Yes, you can do chance cards.

The second twin can count, so long as it is unplanned- but not if you are using the insimenator/twin hacks to get twins on purpose.

There are ways to get the fun up without spending a lot of money. I feel like it is more fun if you discover them for yourself, and I don't want to give everything away. If it it too difficult, I guess you can pm me for advice or something.

You can still continue the story if you use the cheat, but it will have to be scoreless.
Advertisement
#27 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 9:01 PM
Wait but what if you get extra money or promoted if you do the chance card?
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 3:08 AM
You will lose the points if you get promoted. This is to balance the effect of getting promoted because I don't want people to keep getting their sims promoted and then quitting their job everyday just to get the promotion bonus as a strategy. You still get points for any money they receive from chance cards/promotions.

Losing points does not mean you automatically "lose" the challenge- you are just trying to reach the highest possible score. Setbacks happen. Do you have what it takes to make it, alone in a cold, hard world? Life for pregnant teens is not easy!
#29 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 3:40 AM
Well, it has been several Sim weeks. Billie has waited axiously for Alon to arrive with her paper every day so she can make friends with the father of her children. Finally, the option to move him in! 18,000$ phew, now I can have walls, beds, a toilet and such. Here is the house. Billie, Bobbie, and Sammie have been living on the lawn until now. I have been barely able to keep everyone alive, but this is the break I've been waiting for. Now, Alon can stay home with the children instead of every penny coming in going out to nannies. Life has not been easy for poor Billie, but I am sure that now with a little money left that it will be okay.
#30 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 4:37 AM
What a fun idea. I'm dying laughing at the stories I've seen so far. I'm a little unclear on the rules as they are, but I'm going to play it anyway. It'll drive me crazy, so who knows how long I'll be able to last.

Great idea, Ella.

Edit: Ok, ok...I'm fuzzy here.
Quote:
Nightlife users may use the cheat to reduce the net worth from the get-go.

What cheat?

And please clarify the job/promotion thing for me...I'm not fully understanding. From what I've gathered, they're not allowed to be promoted? So, no advancing in skills? Or...???
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 5:25 AM
EDIT: updated the rules- the CAS sim may never be promoted, all other sims may be promoted but they will be penalized 1000 points for each promotion.

The original CAS sim will be stuck with entry level jobs forever, and they are not allowed to be promoted. If the sims get promoted, they will be penalized. There is no specific rule that says they cannot build their skills, but if that is what you have to do to keep them from getting promoted...

It's true that it could sometimes happen by accident, because some jobs require nothing for the first promotion except good performance. If it does happen, you lose 1000 points and must quit the job immediately.

Their partner may be promoted, but they must start out with an entry level job.

The cheat is the familyfunds cheat, you can change the amount of money they have from the neighborhood view without moving them into a lot first.
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 2:35 PM
Alrighty, I'll have a go at this. I usually don't play challenges because I'm too dependant on cheats but this one just seems too funny, I'm loving the stories so far. :D

Name: Vanessa
Aspiration: Family
Job: Test subject, $217/day
Starting money: Had 200 simoleans left after buying the lot. I was going to give her a bed and a shower but changed my mind and only gave her a table and a phone, and spent the rest on dirty ground cover to bring a nice homeless feel to the lot. :D

So far, nothing major has happened, she's spending all her free time in a nice park, eating hotdogs and hunting for a man, any man, to open up his heart and his checkbook for her.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 6:48 PM
Sepia, Vanessa is really pretty... if it were real life I don't think she'd have an issue getting a man :D

I'd try this contest but I love cheating... though I am intreigued enough that I'm still fighting the urge to see how I do.
#34 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 9:01 PM
I just though of something. If my CAS sim can't advance, and my spouse can, why can't I have her stay home with the children instead? Would that be allowed, or does the CAS sim have to keep a job?
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 9:10 PM
You should give it a try Kerri, once a cheater doesn't necessarily mean always a cheater... I think. :D
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sepia mauve
You should give it a try Kerri, once a cheater doesn't necessarily mean always a cheater... I think. :D

lol I agree too, I think I'm going to give it a try.
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by farath
I just though of something. If my CAS sim can't advance, and my spouse can, why can't I have her stay home with the children instead? Would that be allowed, or does the CAS sim have to keep a job?

I was wondering myself

Anyway, how you manage the sims in this way is up to you. the CAS sim doesn't have to work, they just can't be promoted. The spouse may advance, but *must* start at the bottom of the career ladder.
#38 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 4:01 AM
I'm not sure if anyone saw my entry before, i updated it with pictures. Anyway after playing lots and swapping between jobs so that on her days off she could still go to work she finally settled on the military. Early starts but a reasonable wad of cash for an entry level job. She hasn't been promoted thank god. She met a Townie named Nery and some long unpronouncable last name. He moved in and they fell in love. He brought $13 000 to the household and the house became a house.

And what better way to celebrate their new house than making a baby.

She is now pregnant and i hope it's twins Won't be though, i've never had twins without a hack. So i've been a good little girl and haven't used any cheats as of yet. Don't plan on it either. How lucky could i be to move in a townie that is already a celebrity chef!! I didn't even know that townies existed that were at the top of their job. I'm having tonnes of fun :D
#39 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 5:44 AM
Just realised that i need to make him quit his celebrity job before i go any further! Quitting it is.
Test Subject
#40 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:18 AM
Congrats on the baby Penelope! :D

I was wondering, when you play without hacks or game mods etc, are sims supposed to be able to get pregnant by townies without actually having them move in first, or is Vanessa only able to do that because I've missed to take one of my mods out? I seriously have no idea how the game works without hacks, I've never really played without them before. :screwy:
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 11:51 AM
Haha, yeah, they can get pregnant without the townie moving in. The only thing is that the female sim has to be a resident of the lot- you can't get a guest pregnant. They also can't be too close to becoming an elder, because the elders can't give birth and it won't let them "try for baby" if it means aging while pregnant.
Test Subject
#42 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 12:42 PM
Hehe, thanks Ella, I wasn't sure if maybe that was considered a no-no by Maxis' morals, since they seem to have issues with other stuff concerning woohooing and families and such. :p

And another thing, I know the rules say you can only ask NPC's or townies to marry or move in, but is having kids with playable sims such as the Dreamers or Don Lothario allowed?
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:09 PM
Sure. That's not a part of the rules either, so if you want your sim to be the town skank and have a kid with everybody that's fine- the challenge is pretty flexible.

Just don't move Darren in.

Incidentally, Darren Dreamer died of starvation in my game and left his kid as an orphan, immediately after getting Cassandra pregnant... sigh
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 12:15 AM
Okay guys, I changed the rules in an attempt to simplify the challenge. Don't freak out.

You will now lose 1000 points every time a sim is promoted for any reason, whether they are the CAS sim or not. Other sims still can move up the career ladder, with the penalty for every promotion. So you have to be strategic about these things and decide on whether it is the right choice or not. Watch that job performance bar!

Money gained from promotions and chance cards will affect your score as it normally would.

if your sim's spouse has already been promoted, that's okay, those of you that have already started the challenge won't be penalized for something that happened before the rule change- just remember to deduct 1000 points every time from here on out.

feel free to pm me with questions
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellatrue
Okay guys, I changed the rules in an attempt to simplify the challenge. Don't freak out.

You will now lose 1000 points every time a sim is promoted for any reason, whether they are the CAS sim or not. Other sims still can move up the career ladder, with the penalty for every promotion. So you have to be strategic about these things and decide on whether it is the right choice or not. Watch that job performance bar!

Money gained from promotions and chance cards will affect your score as it normally would.

if your sim's spouse has already been promoted, that's okay, those of you that have already started the challenge won't be penalized for something that has already happened- just remember to deduct 1000 points every time from here on out.

feel free to pm me with questions

Does this include future generations? Or just the first Gen?
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 12:35 AM
yes, it applies to future generations. I felt like the game should not get too easy, too early, and there should be some challenges for the next generation too.
#47 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 12:38 AM
Man that just made the whole thing way harder.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 1:15 AM
So, like if the townie you marry is ALREADY at the top of the career track, they can just stay there, right?

At my age, any thing I say is an old saying! - Lini
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brendabond
So, like if the townie you marry is ALREADY at the top of the career track, they can just stay there, right?

I think they have to quit and get a new job... at least I think that was said somewhere

^
|
|
|
|
|
|

up there.
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 2:18 AM
Ohh, I like the new rules! And I'll consider the Old Maid bonus, hmmm...

Anyways, Vanessa has been switching jobs back and forth to avoid having days off (she hasn't been promoted yet, thankfully), but she still hasn't been able to afford a real house, just some furniture. She's been able to get pregnant though.

And here's baby Emily. Her father really is the mailman. (He was asked twice to move "in", but refused to.)
Page 2 of 36