Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 12:30 AM
It's certainly coming along very nicely!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 2:09 AM
Thanks! I am happy to hear that. That brings me vigor to continue.

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 11:57 AM
Books...no end! Lirbary on the third floor:

To decorate this room was a difficult topic for me. The walls there are higher than three stardand floors. When man built any door or window there, the wall mask will show a absurd looks...
Then, I've made that library-wallpaper for the hall. The light falls down from the roof. (Please forgive my English. I want just to express my mind. )
Do you like it?

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 12:05 PM
Great wrk on the library! One thing that could be fixed, the walls. They seem a bit faded or so, can't really explain it, maybe sharpen them up? Not sure, there's just something...
Mad Poster
#55 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 12:29 PM
the books need to have more color, currently it looks like a red wallpaper. try selecting random books and making them different colors.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Theorist
#56 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 2:18 PM
The library looks very nice and old fashioned. [:

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rapsheba555
the books need to have more color, currently it looks like a red wallpaper. try selecting random books and making them different colors.

now?

Zombie Socks
#58 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 12:25 AM
The wallpaper is very very nice! One thing I might suggest is one more wallpaper because right now the books are repeating too much. One more suggestion would be more lighting in the library. But overall, amazing AMAZING job!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 2:18 AM
It's strange to have books that high just in continuation. You should have like a little walkway seperating the floors like in a real library. With a spiral ladder leading up to it.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln
Mad Poster
#60 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Simpleton
It's strange to have books that high just in continuation. You should have like a little walkway seperating the floors like in a real library. With a spiral ladder leading up to it.

I knew it needed something, and that's it! :D

i also second WWW's suggestion of the second wallpaper.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 7:17 PM Last edited by artrui : 13th Apr 2009 at 7:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
The wallpaper is very very nice! One thing I might suggest is one more wallpaper because right now the books are repeating too much. One more suggestion would be more lighting in the library. But overall, amazing AMAZING job!

Exactly! I have the same conception like your "more lighting" suggestion. I'm glad to read that. Here is the lighting test:

I will get the effect like the right picture. I've used SilentLucidity's OMPS to put the lamps higher. I hope, this CC will get no problem by uploading.

By the way, it is impossible to build "little walkway" or "spiral ladder" in that libray. The wall is higher than three stardand floors because of its looking from outside. Perhaps, I will make decorate lader mesh for that wall later.

Rapsheba555, what is your second WWW's suggestion?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 8:34 PM Last edited by artrui : 13th Apr 2009 at 8:47 PM. Reason: img too big
today, I've built floor for ballroom on the first floor:
:p

Typical
#63 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 8:38 PM
It's very nice but if you don't want it to be so formal you could use that tile flooring that you can get in diferent colours. (Comes in NL I think). I'll try to show an image to show you what I mean.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 9:09 PM
Default stair problem

does anybody have a way to let the under-floor-part of that maxis connecting stiar invisible? I don't want to use CC stairs.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#65 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 9:14 PM
You need to use CC stairs, there is no alternative.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#66 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 9:23 PM
Cant you use those Maxis stairs that have been made so that there is nothing underneath them? I cant spell the creators name and googles not hepling one bit O_O Its like.. crocobaurua or something very similar. I use them all the time they are handy, they are techinically CC stairs but are identical to the maxis ones & the one you want is there. I'll update if I find the person!!

Err, are you sure the ones in your first pic are maxis? I cant seem to see them here but maybe because its a dark screenshot. [I found them by the way; http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=264747 ]

Also, this is coming along very very nicely ;D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 10:42 PM
I am not sure, whether I should pack CC stairs in this lot or not. I am afraid that some people will forget to copy Scriptorium of those CC stairs. So will it not run.
But that links is very very nice! Aeowyn22, thanks! I think I will write "user note" to suggest the people downloading that stairs and replace the maxis one. I think, that is not so many works.
The stairs in that left picture names "Elleval Euro stairs in red". I don't remember that I've downloaded such one. I think that schould be a Maxis item, which comes with the last Sims2 EP or SP perhaps.

Instructor
#68 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 10:48 PM
Ah okay, I dont have FFS or Celebrations Also, I think that croc..'s stairs are just the base game ones
I agree, you should link to it. The Sciptorium stuff is too confusing.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#69 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 10:45 PM
The Scriptorium is *not* necessary for installing stairs. People won't even need to install the stairs for your lot to work. All you have to do is include them.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Zombie Socks
#70 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 10:52 PM
I don't know. I think most people would rather have a new set of stairs come with this lot than a default replacement set of stairs.

The 3D bookcases look a little out of place next to the wallpaper books. Or is that just for comparison? Another issue is that those lights don't seem to be making the room any brighter.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The Scriptorium is *not* necessary for installing stairs. People won't even need to install the stairs for your lot to work. All you have to do is include them.

really? I will replace it then.

Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
The 3D bookcases look a little out of place next to the wallpaper books. Or is that just for comparison? Another issue is that those lights don't seem to be making the room any brighter.

The 3D bookcase is as comparison. That library hall is huge. I will try to place more lighting there. :P

Forum Resident
#72 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 4:32 AM
Aww, no! I like the 3d books! I think what you should do is make a screenshot of the bookcase and uses it to make the wallpaper. Then line the entire bottom row with bookcases!
Forum Resident
#73 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 10:17 AM
artrui I think you're doing an excellent job, those pics of the castle made my jaw hit the table... you're a genius. About the library, this is what I think: that's maaaassive, I think you should make it smaller, or maybe paint the top walls as if they weren't bookcases. Though you could fix it by making a wall paint similar to those full of books but with a pediment line or a fake space between a bookcase and the following one, so it doesn't look as a single huge thing. Is that possible? I know the issue with the walls' height but maybe making an especial wall paint that can be repaired?
Another thing, for the floors I'd use more wood and less ceramic tiles, I've just seen those screenshots posted by WWW and they showcase a lot of wood in all rooms.
Keep creating, this is going to be e-pic!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 7:00 PM
Thanks! I am still building the castle. Later, you will see how many works I've done... Here, a new wall for that main tower by me:

I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#75 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by artrui
Thanks for that links. The photos there are amazing. You are right. Now, I've made the grey-white bricks for that walls. But there are different photos of disney castle and they have differnt looks... I think, white wall with blue roof is a classic combination. I will save it anyways. It's also sweet to make pink or blue castles. It is just like disney colors. Do you think if it is necessary to build three castles?
I've made test for those colors:

I think, man should make powder blue roof recolor for that pink one and an other color (instead of that grey-white bricks wall) for that blue one. Good?

If you are making the Cinderella Castle white
But if you are making Sleeping Beauty Castle pink

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Locked thread | Locked by: whiterider Reason: Threadcromancy is bad, k.
Page 3 of 7