Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2018 at 1:57 PM
Default Theme Catchup 2018 PLUS Theme Suggestions thread
Well, time for our bimonthly thread of what are you making for... :D

This time, it is a theme to catch up on the other themes, so basically any theme you missed out on, in the last year, you can now get a nice shiny sticker for. Just make sure to include the old theme's hashtag PLUS the new theme's hashtag in your download. I know I will be making something for the adventures theme since real life decided to get in the way this time

Also, brand new! we now have a theme suggestions thread! Please go there and make suggestions and vote on other people's suggestions too! We will be coming out with a poll in a month or so (providing there are enough suggestions for a poll) for the members to vote in the next theme.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st May 2018 at 2:51 PM
Yay!!!! Happy.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#3 Old 1st May 2018 at 3:28 PM
Where do we find the list of the previous themes?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2018 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo

Site News?
http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
just a girl
#5 Old 1st May 2018 at 5:40 PM
Great news!
Quote: Originally posted by omglo

Adventure and Travel: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=608171
Pets Theme: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=605248
Seasons and Celebrations: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=601084
Maternity and Beyond: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=598311
Performing Arts: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=595250
... and current Catchup2018: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=611389
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st May 2018 at 6:23 PM
Very timely, first theme I missed and here I get a chance to catch up right away Will be uploading a lot this time, unusual for me. But it seemed appropriate given that previous theme fits right into gdayars contest which is in the home stretch right now. Lot itself is finished, but it needed a complementary mod so working on that still. Can't completely abandon my roots

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:42 PM
I might try something. Might...

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd May 2018 at 1:48 AM
Oh right - didn't realise you were going to do this right now. Well, I have a couple of things to catch up with.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:11 AM
Yes! I have to get some thing's made too
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd May 2018 at 8:36 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 4th May 2018 at 2:47 AM.
I had a couple of maps for the travel/adventure theme but I changed my mind. I might amend them but at the moment I can't be bothered.
Couple of suggestions for theme: transport or industrial (pretty broad)

Edit: moved suggestion to actual suggestion thread.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th May 2018 at 11:07 PM
Let me see if I can get something up
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 5th May 2018 at 12:35 AM
Well, I missed Performing Arts, so lets see about getting that sticker. Thanks for the catch up opportunity!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th May 2018 at 6:59 PM
I so want to do this, but my real life keeps getting in the way so if anyone has any suggestions of an easy project I am all ears. lol.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st May 2018 at 3:06 AM
When does the theme end? I've been lazy.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st May 2018 at 4:03 AM
June 30.

Yeah between closing on a house, getting ready to move, and getting my high risk pregnancy daughter through her pregnancy (36 weeks and counting now!) I have been up to my eyeballs.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st May 2018 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
June 30.

Yeah between closing on a house, getting ready to move, and getting my high risk pregnancy daughter through her pregnancy (36 weeks and counting now!) I have been up to my eyeballs.

Yikes, hope everything turns out okay.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I so want to do this, but my real life keeps getting in the way so if anyone has any suggestions of an easy project I am all ears. lol.

I suspect that it might not be an easy project, but how did you go with the cat climbing tree?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:56 AM Last edited by gazania : 14th Jun 2018 at 4:16 AM.
I really wanted to do something TWICE, I actually did, but too late both times. Naftali was supposed to be Homecoming for the holidays theme, but health issues got in the way. I made a dance studio for the performance theme back when it came out. I use it now in my hoods and like it. Problem is, my main hood is Hug-Bugged, and to make sure I don't bug anyone else, I feel the most comfy making it from the ground up in a fresh game, much like I did with the Newman lot (also made for Pets, but technically, it did not qualify.) The studio is a nod to the tiny dance studios of my youth, which seemed to be dotted in many places. It's rather basic, though. It features Sophie-David's Flamingo, but can work OK without it.

I'm not sure whether I'd have time to run it by the Creator's Forum, since I would rebuild it. And it has lots of CC I would need to prune down. The Flamingo is a given (though I'd suggest to load that separately for those who don't want it.)

Health issues are still all too present in my life right now, and my mother was hospitalized as well, so this would probably be the best I could do, and since I have one more treatment which is going to knock the crap out of me around June 26th or so, I won't have much time. I'm debating whether to do this, or just let it go. Problem is, it WAS originally for the theme ...

I'm concerned this looks too similar to Retro or even Rabbie. (There's a reason it might look like Retro, though ... I explained it in the Creator's forum.) I posted it quickly for perusal. And FYI, all of my lots do NOT look like these! I use different eras ... really!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:20 AM
Damn, I got sidetracked making clothes and forgot about this. I'd better move my ass.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:40 AM
@gdayars - you have a lot of stuff to handle, keeping you in my thoughts!

Easy project: what I find a shortage of : lots of around 35000 - 40000 Simoleons for families of 4. My Sims often have to move when a new baby (or twins) are on the way, but they seldom have enough money to buy a really large family house (maybe later) - that is one of the reasons why I use the Bohemian bungalow in my hood! Most residential lots available are either starters or huge houses.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:30 AM
But you would have to tie that in with a theme. My Newman house was a pet theme (and I'd rather not do a second one!), but it might be hard to tie a residential with one of the past themes. MAYBE a house with a dance practice room or music parlor. Or you can get super-silly and make a over-decorated Christmas house. Kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ar-__ub0rc

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:54 AM
Forum Resident
#23 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:58 AM
A generations theme could be good...like, make a house look like it's been lived in for generations upon generations...but maybe that's a bit boring.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:16 PM
This is a better place to post suggestions:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=611388
Space Pony
#25 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:16 AM Last edited by Kestin : 16th Jun 2018 at 4:21 AM. Reason: Stupid iPhone default apostrophes.
I am...so, so thoroughly lost for ideas* for most of the themes, and so terribly short on time. And I love that this theme is happening, and hate that I could fail at completing it.

*Good ideas, at least. I have about one horribly lame idea for each, and I doubt they'll all be accepted...ohh, I've missed far too many stickers and I cannot miss these! I'd kill for another chance at the ones from previous years, too. I'll always hate myself for missing out on those just because my game didn't work, when the fix turned out to be stupidly simple.
Page 1 of 2