Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2019 at 6:43 PM
Default Adding game
So I want to add showtime, but just wondering how good is it? In particular , I want to know more about Starlight Shores. What would make it so fun/unique? I've heard that its just like a mash up of sunset valley and a little bit of Bridgeport.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th May 2019 at 7:01 PM
It depends upon your preferences tbh. In my opinion, the world is okay, but the build/buy content is something I cannot live without. Also, it gives a new occult (genies) which is interesting to play around with. The world is sort of a mix between bridgeport and sunset valley, but the houses are very california-style. It's supposed to be like a sims "hollywood" considering the hollywood sign in simlish aha. It doesn't have crazy routing errors like bridgeport, and it's more grungy and cohesive than sunset valley.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2019 at 7:23 AM
I live in California and I do not see SV or B in SS. It is a fake So. Cal Hollywood Sims style. I would check reviews such as LGR and others. And I am sure there are many screenshots. I think each EP adds to the game and I enjoy Showtime. I can listen to some of the singer songs over and over and over.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th May 2019 at 9:12 AM
I find Showtime adds life to my neighborhood. A mime doing his thing in the park or on a street corner is cute. I even had one turn up at Base Camp in Egypt, which is a spot that really needs cheering up.
I usually just add the big park that has a stage to my game. Like most expansions it has way to many venues that I don't use, but the stuff from them fits well with any bar or club.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2019 at 8:22 AM
I love all of the collection though some features are disabled in my games because my towns are too small for them.I use the objects from Showtime in community lots and in homes whenever I can.
Scholar
#6 Old 15th May 2019 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
So I want to add showtime, but just wondering how good is it? In particular , I want to know more about Starlight Shores. What would make it so fun/unique? I've heard that its just like a mash up of sunset valley and a little bit of Bridgeport.

I like the look of Starlight Shores and the build/buy content is really nice. It also has some of the better men's hair and one of my favorite dresses in the game. Playing the performers can be a fun diversion and I enjoy the personality traits that come with this pack. It makes for some really detailed unpleasant people.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2019 at 7:36 AM
I like playing the performers also and watching them progress. Not many folks come to the shows but it is still fun.