Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pool Jobs for Lifeguards

by icarus_allsorts Posted 23rd Mar 2016 at 6:51 PM

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Scholar
#26 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
In case the inverted commas around "drowning" didn't clue you in, sims can't actually die from the interaction. If your lifeguard doesn't get to them in time, they just drop the act and go back to swimming normally (they won't be very happy with the lifeguard's ineptitude though). Ironically lifeguards can only save these "drowning" sims (marked with the orange plus sign above their heads) and not ACTUAL drowning sims who just die immediately but you can "thank" EA for that

lol, that is so funny! Well, this is reassuring - no death involved! Good, I'm installing it right now Thanks, Icarus!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 5:51 PM
This is awesome, Thanks loads!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 12:04 AM
To use this mod, I have to be in lifeguard profession that can be joined in city hall, right?
Also, besides from city hall, only Day Spa shows up option to be "Join Lifeguard Career".
Is that suppose to be happen?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 7:03 AM
I'm so happy that you made this. I often placed lifeguard chairs around pools even though I knew they were kinda useless. Now, not so useless. :-) Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 7:28 AM Last edited by janyses : 11th Apr 2016 at 5:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
TIL there is a Lifeguard career. But thanks a million ton for another cool gameplay mod. And keep 'em coming, TS3 is better than ever and it'd be a shame if people stopped creating new stuff for it.

What do you mean? There is a lifeguard career. It is an active career that came with Island Paradise.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 11:41 AM
Thank you very much for this mod, Muchas gracias.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 11:01 PM
Come to save the day again, I see. Can't wait to try this out.

I need an adult!! Oh, wait, I am an adult...

I want a refund.
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by janyses
What do you mean? There is a lifeguard career. It is an active an active career that came with Island Paradise.
TIL means "Today I learned" at least that's what google says it means on Urban Dictionary. I also believe that is why they capitalized the whole word.
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
TIL there is a Lifeguard career. But thanks a million ton for another cool gameplay mod. And keep 'em coming, TS3 is better than ever and it'd be a shame if people stopped creating new stuff for it.
It comes with the EP Island Paradise so if you don't have that, sadly you won't have the Life Guard profession. Making this mod useless for you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 5:05 AM
I was just thinking about this, hoping someone would make a mod allowing the lifeguard to work at the community pool. Thanks for this!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 6:40 PM
Awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 12:33 AM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 11:00 AM
gracias esta muy bueno
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 11:50 PM
I didn't even know I needed this until I saw it. But now I NEED it in my life. Thanks! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 1:04 AM
It always bugged me how lifeguards wouldn't get a job on a pool without using cheats to get it. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 7:33 PM
This is fantastic-thank you so much for all you do!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 1:30 AM
love this mod!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orangestarburst
TIL means "Today I learned" at least that's what google says it means on Urban Dictionary. I also believe that is why they capitalized the whole word.

Haha, thanks for explaining. I thought I was losing it. 'Til today, I'd never heard of TIL.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 10:53 PM
Thank you! I had wondered why pools weren't included in the original implementation, so silly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 7:29 PM
OMG SERIOUSLY HOW AWESOME ARE YOU!!!!!!! Thank you sooo much for this I cant wait to review this ^_^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 4:53 PM
This is absolutely awesome! Good job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 9th May 2016 at 9:44 PM
Omg hello (:. I was wondering is there anyway you could make a mod for toddlers and or puppies/kittens to walk downstairs. I can't find this anywhere other than sims2. It would be appreciated if someone could just create one O.O
Inventor
THANKS POST
#48 Old 10th May 2016 at 2:51 PM
I'm about to play a lifeguard! Fabulous!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 19th May 2016 at 8:13 PM
Request
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
In case the inverted commas around "drowning" didn't clue you in, sims can't actually die from the interaction. If your lifeguard doesn't get to them in time, they just drop the act and go back to swimming normally (they won't be very happy with the lifeguard's ineptitude though). Ironically lifeguards can only save these "drowning" sims (marked with the orange plus sign above their heads) and not ACTUAL drowning sims who just die immediately but you can "thank" EA for that

Request: Can you mod that so they do drown if the lifeguard doesn't save them in time? :D

Also If Possible, do the opposite to the one's that do indeed drown. While that might never happen or on rare cases if not, maybe add a possible npc lifeguard worker (not sure, but I do doubt that there isn't one in vanilla game) that saves a drowning sim(- when he/she's on low energy bar). Or just mod that so your playable sim begins to drown on a random chance IF there is that npc lifeguard supervising near you.

Additionally, another request came to my mind: maybe allow the sims to actually drown in oceans/beaches? :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:17 PM
THANK YOU
Page 2 of 3