Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 10:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I need help.. Corrupted neighborhood
Hey.. I don't know where to post so I'll just leave this here.. (?)

I have a problem with my neighborhood that I've worked on for a very long time...
My game crashes during the loadingscreen and I think it's because the neighbodhoor is corruped.
I made a backup and deleted all the character files in the characters folder and then I was able to access the neighborhood but I'm too afraid to do anything because I heard that it's dangerous to do that as it will corrupt the neighborhood in the future as well..
Atleast now I know the problem lies with the characters and it's not because of something I've downloaded. My other neighborhoods work just fine.
Thing is, I don't care about saving the chartacters, I only had a few random families anyway. I just want to save the neighborhood because I spend a long time decorating it and creating lots.

I recently came across this but it doesn't seem to work.. ):
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=279992

I also read somewhere that I can use SimPE to delete the npcs memories of all my deleted sims or something..

I'm not really sure what to do.. Please help! :3 Thank you so much!!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 11:08 AM
I've moved this thread to Sims 2 Help. The forum you originally posted in is for creators wanting feedback on the CC they've made.

Don't use the version of your 'hood where you deleted all the character files to play - that is broken forever. If you want to you can open it up to get screenshots of any lots you want to recreate in another 'hood. You can move community lots that you made in that 'hood to the lot bin to place in another neighbourhood, or residential lots which have never been lived in, but don't do this with any previously occupied residential lots, or any OfB owned businesses.

Have you tried running HoodChecker on the intact version of your neighbourhood to see if it can get rid of the corruption?

What were you trying to do with HoodReplace?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 11:16 AM
Never delete the characters in the hoods character folder, if it wasn't corrupted before it is now, well and truly.

Hood Replace does work. I've never used it myself but people here use it all the time, so someone will be able to help with that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 1:44 PM
I use clean and empty templates to make clean and empty hoods and make 1 hood as a house building hood then another hood called house holding hood.

This way no house or community lots have any chance to get sims attach to them and there safe to put in any hood you want plus you now have a copy of them in your house holding hood.

Putting all your house in the house holding hood you can then delete all houses in the bin but for a few you like to use a lot.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 10:32 PM
If you have no joy with HoodChecker or anything else, your only option is a total re-install.

Check out the "Avoiding Corruption" link in my signature, too

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 11:15 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 19th Nov 2016 at 5:48 PM.
NOT in a reinstall. Reinstalls are only useful if something's wrong in the game files.

This is neighborhood corruption, not game corruption.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 4:27 PM Last edited by Dvidhwng : 19th Nov 2016 at 8:19 PM.
YAY! Hoodreplace suddenly worked! I'm so happy! I think I had a problem when I unpacked the files before or something, idk

Thank you all so much! It's fixed now! And now I know wich lots to move to the lot bin thanks to Nysha!
I really appreciate everyone trying to help me, thank you!!!!