Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 4:28 PM
Default Swimsuit Textures
I had a recent upload marked changes required; well now it's rejected because I took to long to respond to it. I got the following comments on it.

i checked the textures - the lines are ok,but they lack highlights and shading. Meaning they are like glued on top of the shorts and have no details at all - bucket fill color. Add shading/highlights on them as well. The black colour is too dark and seems 100% pure black at most places - i highly recommend "black&white the right way" tutorial.

This was kind of frustrating, because I did not touch the black textures. It is 100% Maxis, so I don't know what to do about it. It's from the male ballet uniform. As for the stripes, I really don't know how to fix them either. They look fine to me. I figured that I should at least ask if anyone had any advice before giving up and just using them for myself; not sure how much interest they'd even get anyway.

Then I got the rejection notice claiming that:

We did not approve the upload as first uploaded as it needed some changes to meet the Creator Guidelines. You have repeatedly made only some of the requested changes, but not all and so we have removed the upload.

Which is not true. I never made any changes and never sent it back even once. DX I guess I'm kind of irritated about it at the moment, but any help would be appreciated!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 7:15 PM
They look okay to me... except at the top. They do look painted-on around the waistline because there's no shadow (not that I can see, anyway). If you look at most Maxis tight-fitting clothes (like undies, swimsuits, tank tops, etc.) there is a fine, fuzzy, dark line around the clothing itself that acts as a shadow and gives the illusion of a bit of depth. It's easy enough to add, and will make your swimsuit look even better.

As far as the black thing goes, it doesn't look too dark to me at all, so I don't know what was going on there. Moderator with a badly calibrated monitor? I don't see any areas of 100% black on my screen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 3:09 PM Last edited by Charity : 13th Sep 2016 at 4:55 AM.
Okay, I think I see what you mean. Does this look better?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 7:53 PM
Yes, that's what I meant! It does look better at the waist. Are you planning on making two lengths of swimsuit? I kind of liked the long ones...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 12:26 PM
Yes, I have two lengths. Just having trouble with stuff I hadn't noticed before with colours bleeding out, so I still haven't managed to upload them again, but hopefully soon. Thanks again for the help.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 7:58 AM