Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:27 PM
I'd like to think it's a sign of improvement, and more time being invested into the content, but I believe the team have been affected by redundancies recently, right? I imagine this slow-down is probably just because they won't have the same capacity to release content at the same frequency anymore, so they've said this in order to adjust people's expectations going forward.
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#27 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 4:17 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 4th Jul 2018 at 4:33 PM.
They've finally realised there's no point to piling on more raw sewage to the sheer mountian of crap they need to fix. The sheer volume of Seasons errors added to the mix has highlighted that. Best to slow things down and get the backlog cleared up first. God forbid, they just keep going on obliviously neglecting their failing QA and (non) testing practice that just vomits more and more bad and broken code into the game. Maybe even crinrict (Saint Crinrict, BTW) will abandon keeping EA Help reports in order as the sheer volume of new reported errors piled atop those ancient unresolved errors becomes such a huge heap it can be seen from space. No-one employed by EA has the gumption or wherewithal to keep that Help service in order.

Time to have a rethink on fixing shit.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
#28 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 6:48 PM
I'm seeing this as more of a good thing. It could mean they'll quit the "One EP per year" model that ignores the fans to make 25 Stuff Packs a year that nobody asked for.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Instructor
#29 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:08 PM
My best hope is that they've realized that Seasons is the best selling expansion or DLC they've released thus far and they're going to change their model around releasing more of those sort of products and they can't justify or fill doing the little teasers (which seems lazy). I enjoyed the little trailers but they were not great or amazing.

Maybe this change can be a good thing?
Forum Resident
#30 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Must be somewhat more than a yib then if they seriously knew so far in advance. Maybe a paid "gamechanger" or a tester rather than just one of the usual fansites
Is that RoryPlays from Twitch? The woman with the colored hair?
If it's her then I don't think it's unlikely she gets paid by EA. She's usually one of the first to release things immediately when the embargo lifts and I remember watching her Cats & Dogs stream. I don't doubt she's a nice person, but I found her personality on stream exhausting. She was hyping everything. Like literally everything. I remember skipping through the stream because I wanted some infos and she was constantly squealing over the costumes and everything.
Don't mean to hate on her at all, but I'm not sure how real her excitement is tbh. Maybe she really is some kind of tester?

Going a bit back on topic - I'm also wondering how much the communication will change. They said they'll try to include the forums more (because people complained everything's happening on Twitter, especially polls and Q&As), but if that means more of the "The announcement is that we can't say anything else! But everything's fine and you'll be happy soon!" then that would be just as frustrating.
And I'm wondering what they mean by "packs won't fall into predictable patterns". Sounds weirdly concerning coming from TS4
Field Researcher
#31 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Is that RoryPlays from Twitch? The woman with the colored hair?
If it's her then I don't think it's unlikely she gets paid by EA. She's usually one of the first to release things immediately when the embargo lifts and I remember watching her Cats & Dogs stream. I don't doubt she's a nice person, but I found her personality on stream exhausting. She was hyping everything. Like literally everything. I remember skipping through the stream because I wanted some infos and she was constantly squealing over the costumes and everything.
Don't mean to hate on her at all, but I'm not sure how real her excitement is tbh. Maybe she really is some kind of tester?

Going a bit back on topic - I'm also wondering how much the communication will change. They said they'll try to include the forums more (because people complained everything's happening on Twitter, especially polls and Q&As), but if that means more of the "The announcement is that we can't say anything else! But everything's fine and you'll be happy soon!" then that would be just as frustrating.
And I'm wondering what they mean by "packs won't fall into predictable patterns". Sounds weirdly concerning coming from TS4

I’m not sure, she said she would love to be a tester or producer for the game. This was all said last week in streams.

They have always said not too look for patterns in release schedules. I would be happy to get rid of stuff packs but I dread to think what it would be replaced by, especially as some people are already panicking at not having any content to buy.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
My best hope is that they've realized that Seasons is the best selling expansion or DLC they've released thus far and they're going to change their model around releasing more of those sort of products and they can't justify or fill doing the little teasers (which seems lazy). I enjoyed the little trailers but they were not great or amazing.

Maybe this change can be a good thing?

I figure the old way wasn't the best in the world, I would rather see better quality even if it takes more time to get. I mean look at all the bugs seasons have in it a little more testing might be a good thing.
Instructor
#33 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Candacis
As you can read here: https://simsvip.com/2018/07/02/the-...ation-delivery/

They are not releasing any quarterly teaser anymore, which is, okay... weird. Twitter is fine and all that, but a video always reaches more people. Maybe it just seems there will only be specific videos about a pack, and not a quarterly summery video.
But this message from SimGuru Kate has me worried:

What will "types of packs" mean? Other formats? The return of the dreaded Sims 3 store concept? Microtransactions? Subscription models? With EA I can imagine all kinds of horrors.
Also, what means, that there will be quarters with no new paid content? Color me extremly sceptical about free stuff from EA. To me, it reads that we will have to wait longer for new packs. Are they getting even less budget?
Or maybe this is all good news, but right now I'm worried.

I'm hoping they mean "Full Expansions that have the same degree of content as previous series".
I suspect they mean "Developing stuff without telling you what it is so when it turns out to be something you want you'll buy it without hesitation or checking reviews"
But if they bring the Store back it had better be cheaper than last time
Scholar
#34 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 12:40 PM
The comment from Simguru Kate can mean anything. It is deliberately vague and could simply mean slowing down releases and getting rid of one type of content pack format. I don't see why they would suddenly start to create larger EP's for some reason. If Seasons and Cats&Dogs sold well, they have every reason to keep the amount of content in a pack the same for the same price. More time between content releases does also not mean that they will be given more time for bug fixing.

Instead I would just expect a new marketing approach where they mess with the pack format names. So that they can drop one content format type and then try to make use believe that the reason is quality over quantity. But in reality it will just be about slowing down content releases because budget cuts or something. This is EA. Whatever they decide to do with the TS4 franchise doesn't even have anything to do with the former TS4 content sales. It could be just as well reassigning resouces throughout their company for whatever other reason.
They are ruthless in their changes. I mean, they are turning the next game in the Command and Conquer franchise into a mobile game for some weird reason. And all those C&C fans, which are obviously PC strategy game players, can't believe it. But somehow EA convinced themselves that this was a good idea. Who knows what they now came up with for TS4? This company is not in touch with their customers.

Just wait and see, don't set yourself up for disappointment
Forum Resident
#35 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:02 PM
I'm still fairly optimistic about the potential for TS4 - even without the quarterly teaser. Seasons, Vampires, and even to some extent City Living added elements of gameplay that were decent. Another 6-8 packs like that and I could forgive the rocky start. I know it's not what we wanted (especially coming from TS2 - I wanted TS3 but BETTER and was soundly disappointed the first 2 years of TS4's life.) but I think that there's no point assuming it'll all be terrible since at this point, TS4 is made for the kiddies (us older players who were more embedded in the older iterations aren't the main audience anymore. I feel like it's kids and youngins from like 10- 18 (gen z? ) that they're making this ish for (and if my damn sim doesn't put that damn phone down I swear I will damn well... look, I'm 27 okay? I can be old if I want to.)

My point is, it's not what we want. It will never really be what we want. But it still might - possibly - be better than terrible.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:40 AM
So who got the (tiny) survey today?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
They've finally realised there's no point to piling on more raw sewage to the sheer mountian of crap they need to fix. The sheer volume of Seasons errors added to the mix has highlighted that. Best to slow things down and get the backlog cleared up first. God forbid, they just keep going on obliviously neglecting their failing QA and (non) testing practice that just vomits more and more bad and broken code into the game. Maybe even crinrict (Saint Crinrict, BTW) will abandon keeping EA Help reports in order as the sheer volume of new reported errors piled atop those ancient unresolved errors becomes such a huge heap it can be seen from space. No-one employed by EA has the gumption or wherewithal to keep that Help service in order.

Time to have a rethink on fixing shit.

Just so well said. And so very true.... sad.... pathetic....But so very true.
Page 2 of 2