Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:57 AM Last edited by BlindingEchoes : 7th Apr 2011 at 7:45 PM.
Quick question - CAS hates female heroes?
Yes i know this is not a forum for technical help but technically (get it? haha) this isn't an ask for help, more of a, shall we say, survey. Is anyone else finding an issue with their games freezing and not responding while in CAS, specifically if you're making a female character? If so, when did it start? (after a patch/mod install/etc) Cause i'm about to pull my hair out and just wanna know if i'm alone in my issue
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:58 AM
Well i used to have freezes for up to a minute when my king was interacting with his wife...but that was only after i edited my kingĀ“s wife in CAS. I used this CAS mod and i believe that the fact that my king was "attached" to his wife, self interactions got lost and the game started freezing. So i simply edited the potential wife before ever talking to her as my king and surprisingly, there were no freezes anymore.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:09 AM
Well my issue seems to be that i cannot make *any* women in the town anymore, i'm on my fourth kingdom/ambition and this one is going to end up with nothing but male heroes since any time i attempt to make a female one, the game quits responding and has to be shut down. I don't know what's up, because i made a female monarch just fine, but she was the first and only female in the kingdom that was able to be made. Now it seems, she's fated to be surrounded by bloody men. Not that she'd mind i'm sure, but frankly i play for the pretty princess dresses not the dudes running around in leather and linen, so being unable to make female heroes sort of ruins the game for me At first i thought it was the breast slider mod that i installed, since the game needs one badly, but truth be told, the whole 'no women' CAS issue started hours before i installed the mod. I'm kinda at a loss and EA's been no help
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:09 PM
Just to be safe, try taking out the mod files anyways. the .dll, extra resources.cfg, and mods folder.

If that doesn't help, rename the Sims Medieval folder in your Documents folder to something like "bak-Sims Medieval-bak" Run the game again, start a new kingdom, save when you are able and exit, then copy your savedsims and saves folders from the bak-sims medieval-bak to the newly created Sims Medieval folder in Documents.

If that doesn't help, then your save is probably corrupted somehow and you may have to start over with a fresh kingdom.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:46 PM
This is just a shot in the dark, but maybe deleting the Cache package files in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval might help.

It won't hurt you game installation, and TSM will rebuild them the next time you play.

It has fixed odd problems before in other Sim games, and i know it has helped people fix the blue eyed bug in TSM.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:51 AM
I took a bunch of the fabrics from interior decorating, changed them slightly and saved them as favorites to use in clothing. However, I soon realized that, about 3/4 of the time, when I did use them for clothing, the game crashed.... basically just locked up and wouldn't do anything. Could this be your problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 12:57 AM
Thanks for everyone's help on the issue, seems nothing worked though. As far as i can tell my (and my friends) game both glitched out when we tried to move female characters over to be the monarch in a new kingdom via the 'Brave New World' quest. So both kingdoms ended up trashed and neither of us will ever do that quest again, but again, thanks for the various options. I tried them all before i finally backtracked my every game step and found the issue. Cheers!