Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#126 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
All of the evidence so far seems to point to a memory issue; it seems that certain systems cannot handle a large amount of custom content. Perhaps it would be beneficial to try to quantify this; for example I would expect that content totalling under 50% of your RAM should work fine. So, if you have 1Gb RAM, does the game work okay with <512Mb content? Do you start getting bluescreening if you increase this to 1Gb?

icyblue2034, does your game work okay if you keep the content below 50% of your RAM capacity?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#127 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 8:41 PM
It doesnt work if I have any files in the downloads folder

I open my eyes and look to the blue sky. One day I'll have the wings I need to fly away from here.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#128 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 9:05 PM
Do you get the same result if you put some CAS items into the Saved Sims folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#129 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:37 AM Last edited by icyblue2034 : 30th Nov 2006 at 6:45 PM.
I haven't tried that, tho I do have some sims in the saved sims folder.

It's been a while, so here is an update on what i've been doing:

Well, I removed quite a few of my favorite downloads and the folder size is only a little over 512 mb, and it still crashes. I suppose that getting it smaller may help, but i'm really disliking this. My favorite downloads constantly being removed and I constantly have to go in and give bald sims new hair because the custom hair is gone. Or fixing their clothes. I really hope that getting the folder small enough fixes the issue, because the longer this goes on the more I dislike this game.

I don't know if anyone checks this thread or not since I'm not allowed to put a new post and have to edit this one, but i've managed to trim it down to 515 mb in my downloads folder and it crashed. I'm really having to remove more than I would like.

Hopefully someone is still checking here. This problem has not yet been resolved. My downloads folder size is now 460mb and I still get the BSOD. Though this time it said nothing about the Nvidia driver.

I open my eyes and look to the blue sky. One day I'll have the wings I need to fly away from here.
Page 6 of 6