Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 4:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Custom Content Placement
I've asked many people about this and got mixed answers and I just want to be sure I know exactly that I'm doing this okay, and correctly.

So since I've been unsure I've been keeping a copy of my custom content (.package's) in each expansion packs folder.
(Base Game, World Adventures, Loft Stuff)

And obviously this isn't something I'd like to continue doing since it's basically having the file three times each and it's taking hard drive space that I don't need to use for that.

So my question is, if I delete the custom content from High End Loft Stuff and World Adventures folders will it still work in my game if it's only in the base game folder?

If you're confused about which folder I'm talking about I'm talking about
/transgaming/blah/blah/etc./

Thanks for all the help.
- Cameron.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:33 PM
Yes, maintain CC only in one path - base game. It *is* supposed to be there, not in the EP's or SP's paths.
Who told you to copy your CC twice over?
You must have misunderstood. It is the framework components (.cfg in root & .dll) that you copy over, but the /Mods/Packages folder in the EP/SP should be blank.