Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 8:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Open For Business through Seasons
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=604371

Open For Business gets a similar message as the other 2 expansions.

some time ago, gotten extra copies of Pets and Seasons; same message occurs with each disc.

by the way, my game is non-UC.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:22 PM
This is a hunch here - but I think TS2 uses SecuROM. On Windows 7 I think it was disabled through an update. (If you're using Windows 10 - there's some information on No CD patches over on MATY.)

Here's a batch file I use to get SimCity 4 up and running. It'll enable the SecuROM driver and then shut it down afterwards.

Code:
    @ECHO OFF

sc config secdrv start= demand

sc start secdrv

start "" /wait "C:\Games\SimCity\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -CPUCount:1 -w

sc stop secdrv

sc config secdrv start= disabled

Obviously, replace the file path. You can remove the -w if you don't want windowed mode. I'm not sure if CPUCount even works with TS2 so might want to remove that too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:24 PM
I don't know mdsb but I would be inclined to get your computer seen to by a tech, maybe get all traces of sims 2 and SecuROM removed and try installing fresh since this issue has been going on a long time and other disks also give this same message I would say it's related to hardware/software/files on your computer. Unless you bought all your disks from the same source and they are all suspect. It's possible the seller is dodgy.

With disks, the original disks had SecuROM added only from BV on I believe. At some point, EA started adding it to all the disks from the base game on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:47 PM
operating system on my gaming computer is XP.

bought all expansions at Amazon.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 10:12 PM
If it's XP, then the batch file won't really help. Are the drivers for your CD drive up-to-date?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 10:48 PM
probably do need to update disc drives; but not sure where to download the drivers.

have 2 drives for discs.
SANYO CRD-254P
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12NS29 SCSI CdRom Device

the CD drive stopped recognizing discs a number of months ago.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 1:30 AM
If it stopped recognizing all disks then the problem is your disk drive; either from age or SecuROM.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:27 PM
Win7 did not remove Securom - you need to circumvent it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 9:46 PM
CD drive; probably was old. it was previously a drive from another computer.
other drive; it still recognizes various discs.

@maxon
told earlier that operating system is XP; not 7.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
told earlier that operating system is XP; not 7.

Yeah I gathered - I just wanted to put that info out there in case someone read Bulbizarre's comment and thought it was ok.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc