Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 4:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body shop crashes.
Hello! Few days ago I got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. On the first few tries the game would crash in the CAS, when clicking add a sim, with the message -The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.- but then I downloaded graphics rules maker and it fixed my game. However, Sims 2 body shop still, everytime, crashes when I click on build a sim with the same message as above. I tried various things but it still won't work. I don't have any cc. Someone please help me
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:40 AM
Anyone?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 9:56 AM
Did you delete the cache files? Since you have no cc it's possibly hardware related, which is why nobody is replying here since they don't know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 4:24 PM
Do you have the 4GB patch?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 9:04 PM
If this is hardware related help might be given better when we know more about the hardware.
What computer do you have: os, cpu, gpu, ram,...

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 12:37 PM
Quote:
If this is hardware related help might be given better when we know more about the hardware. What computer do you have: os, cpu, gpu, ram,...

Okay let me see...
my laptop is in croatian so idk if i translated eveything correctly:
processor: INTEL(R) Core(TM) i3 - 2350M CPU @2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz
installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.98 useable) (my OS (C: ) drive has 65,5 GB of free space)
64 bit system, processor x64

I run sims 3 with no problems with all expansions and nraas mods. And I can play sims 2 normally, but workshop crashes...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Do you have the 4GB patch?

What do you mean? I sound so dumb now lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did you delete the cache files? Since you have no cc it's possibly hardware related, which is why nobody is replying here since they don't know.

Yes, I tried that, no succes
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 1:04 PM
Go to where the sticky threads are on this board and look at the one about the 4GBT patch and memory allocation. Sims 2 was built for older machines and doesn't always play nicely with modern hardware. Sims 3 isn't as old so some of those issues it hasn't faced yet, but I am sure it will soon. Also, what is your graphics card and do you have one or only a chip? if you have a card did you do the graphic rules?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Go to where the sticky threads are on this board and look at the one about the 4GBT patch and memory allocation. Sims 2 was built for older machines and doesn't always play nicely with modern hardware. Sims 3 isn't as old so some of those issues it hasn't faced yet, but I am sure it will soon. Also, what is your graphics card and do you have one or only a chip? if you have a card did you do the graphic rules?

Ohh, dang I missed that :0
I downloaded before sims 2 graphics rules maker, I have Intel (R) HD Ghrapics 3000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M (that's what it says in graphics rules maker)
I'll try with the 4GBT patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 2:25 PM
Body shop is still crashing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 2:26 PM
Oh well, I'll live with it. At least the game works.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:30 PM
Have you tried repairing the game in Origin? You may have got a glitched download. Graphics rules etc. will be reset to original, so backup those first.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 9:19 PM
Repair will not fix a glitched download. Taking the download out by doing a 50/50 will.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Repair will not fix a glitched download. Taking the download out by doing a 50/50 will.

I think Charity means "a glitched game" and that might be why Bodyshop crashes so repair in Origin might help.

LashtonIsReal said there's no cc in the game so it can't be caused by cc.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 12:30 AM
@Justpetro they said first post "I don't have any cc" which is why none of us have suggested it. This is why we are having a hard time helping them, because yes cc is normally the first thought. Shame it isn't since its easier to fix than other issues.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 2:58 AM
Yeah, maybe download was the wrong word. I meant when they installed Bodyshop the install might have glitched and repair could fix that.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 9:23 AM