Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:44 PM
Default Wait... No Ovewriting?
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
When you renamed the EA folder, the game generated a new one. Everything in the new EA folder (neighborhoods, etc.) is like you just started a brand new game for the first time. Your old neighborhoods, characters, CC etc. are in the old EA folder that you re-named (which can now serve as a backup of your stuff ). Try copying your old neighborhoods into the new EA file.

If you have duplicates (for example an old Pleasantview and a new one in the new EA folder) then delete the new ones before copying the old ones over. DO NOT overwrite neighborhoods or you'll end up with a corrupted mess.

You may want to leave your old neighborhoods alone for now and just try copying some of your Downloads over a little at a time to make sure they work properly. Think of the new neighborhoods as test 'hoods - if one of your downloads breaks something, it's no big deal - you can just reset 'em again.

I think some neighborhoods got overwritten.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:34 PM
No, you can't overwrite hoods. if you have some version of eg Plesentview saved, you have to delete the game one and paste yours in, no writing over the top, that will bork it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 3:16 PM
Default Oh!
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, you can't overwrite hoods. if you have some version of eg Plesentview saved, you have to delete the game one and paste yours in, no writing over the top, that will bork it.
Alright, thank you.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 4:28 PM
Finally, my game is up and running again, with my one backed up 'hood fully playable. There's just one problem, though. The game now runs at a snail's pace. Before the crash, it ran swiftly. Any tips?
Page 2 of 2