Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#7801 Old 22nd May 2018 at 2:56 PM
@chokolady That's the first time I've noticed the LED strip on that truck, looks pretty. Are you sure that's not a horse, though?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#7802 Old 22nd May 2018 at 4:22 PM
Today my sims got robbed. But the worst thing is when police arrived, the burglar was already about to leave. So they met outside the house at the front door. The officer looked at the burglar, then the burglar simply got into his Sloppy Jalopy and drove away. And we got a pop up saying that "it seems the burglar got away". Well, I sure wonder how that happened. Top level police work here :D
Inventor
#7803 Old 22nd May 2018 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
@chokolady That's the first time I've noticed the LED strip on that truck, looks pretty. Are you sure that's not a horse, though?

You could be right! I need to inspect it more thoroughly
Field Researcher
#7804 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Craft90 : 23rd May 2018 at 11:57 AM.
Anyone seen the Music career outfit for fan? When I first spotted it I thought some mod had screwed up. An artist dressed in a torn shirt and baggy pants? Really?

Also, postmen throwing mail onto the ground in a fit of anger? In the middle of winter. They can go die in a fire. How am I supposed to pay the bills if I can't find them?
Top Secret Researcher
#7805 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 3:39 PM
OK this is the biggest WTF moment I've ever had from this game. JUST why is this game so fucking buggy?!

First off, this is Isla Paradiso. I somehow got the game to work smooth as butter in winter, in Isla Paradiso world. I know, I thought it was a joke, but apparently my recent configurations of Nraas mods, putting the game on "Realtime" processing priority and stopping a lot of background system and non system processes made the game not lag at all and run as smooth as my TS2 game. BUT the bugs. Oh the bugs... It's time to drop any drinks from your hands, because this is a histerical laugh hazard. Read at your own risk.

Ok first, I've got this girl who I want to become a mermaid. Actually it's my sisters sim, but I wanted to play with diving for quite some time so I took the game in my hands. First thing first, the bug was that she just wouldn't dress up in anything other than everyday, so I had to randomly click some Nraas debug option, idk what I clicked (it was not restart) and it worked. She finally worked and I continued to play... for some time. She got to level 5 diving skill and had a nice life on her boathouse.

Till the bottom of the boathouse became all ice! Like wtf. All the objects got sculpturified in ice sculptures when she came back from one of her diving sessions. And the bottom of the boathouse too, giving off a big red flashing rectangle, having draw priority over all the other objects, making me unable to play with that lot anymore. So I decide to reset it. BUT... oh god. She was on the boathouse, and when I reset the object, both her house and she in the house
got placed in her inventory! And I had no idea what to do. They were nowhere and were in her inventory.

So I decide to reset her, but nothing helps. It shows them at the edge of the world. Then I teleport her on land and finally save the poor sim. Boathouse still in her inventory and all. I get pissed, and buy her an aditional property and I edit the property so it's on ocean and a little patch of land where I can put the houseboat.
And so I take her house out of her inventory and place it there and it's all there, the whole house. So I get her to get in the house again, the floor still buggy, but at least it's still there. I order her to move it, but it just won't budge, it's stuck on that little part of land, and her interaction gets canceled.
Then I place the houseboat underwater, to see what happens, and apparently she can move it, but now her house is flooded, submarine house. Finally, after shiftclicking on ocean floor with 'testingcheats' on, I get the option to "Teleport active houseboat here". Aparently that fixed it, but the floor is sitll flashing red. Ugh. So I just delete her house, she becomes homeless for a while and then I replace her old house with new houseboat (which is the same as old one as it's the lot from games lot library).

If you think that's the end to this madness... oh you're greatly mistaken. I was able to play that sim normaly for few hours more, she reached diving skill level 9 and obtained 3 pieces of map. Was fun experience.
But then... I went away for dinner and returned to play with her just to see a burglar appear from her room, go to her bathroom and steal a battub. So ofc, It's like a normal burglary, policeman comes, arrests the burglar once they both reach land, and I continue on playing... except not. As soon as the burglar got arrested, he then reappeared in my bedroom and process repeats.
My sim got robbed 12 times in a day. Killing a burglar, policeman and another policemen that appears after burglary, and killing all of them instantly, none of it helped. I only got other burglars and policemen spawn in, again ang again. So I decided to reset the boat lot once more, now with my sim out in the ocean. And oh my god...

When I resetted the houseboat object, it was moved in family inventory, this time with my sim safe. But burglaries kept happening there, again and again. This time, in my sim's pockets, there was her whole house, a burglar that kept reappearing and policemen that kept chasing him, over and over again. IN MY SIM'S POCKET.
I kept getting notifications that burglar keeps invading the house and that policemen were unsuccesfull at capturing him. Again and again, for whole day. I had to turn off memories because my sim kept getting them. My sim was homeless with all hell loose in her pockets. I gave up from saving that last part, and just reverted back when she had diving skill level 7.

If someone ever told me games could be this buggy, I would not believe them. But here I am, in utter shock. Just waiting for what else Sims 3 has in store for me.
Field Researcher
#7806 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:42 AM
I've tried three times to throw this extended family's Snowflake Day gift-giving party. At the home I was throwing the party at, I have a mom and her two teen daughters. The mom's sister, her husband and their teen daughter live right next door (I swear I didn't plan it like that! ). The first time, the brother-in-law didn't show up. This might have been my fault; he's a chef with Ani's Business as Unusual Bistro and he might've been on his shift. The second time, the brother-in law and sister showed up, but the sister ran back home after she put her gift in the pile. Turns out she was going home to sculpt.

Neither of the first two times did the niece show up. So I decided to have one of the daughters call her and invite her over before the party. She agreed at first, but "something came up". That something turned out to be fishing. *facepalm* I had to make her temporarily selectable with NRaas MC and send her over to her aunt's house so she'd come over.

So, finally (after turning off shifts at the bistro, marching the niece over, and locking the doors) they were all over at the first family's house, eating pumpkin pie, and everything was going well. Then, I had everyone come to open the presents in the living room. They kept complaining that there was an easel in the way. There was no easel in the living room. There was one in the adjacent garage, but aside from a potted plant and a stereo, the living room was empty.

I think next time I try to play that party in that house I'll just throw a feast party even if it isn't fall. :p

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Lab Assistant
#7807 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 2:09 AM
My couple just had a baby and then got pizza delivered to the house and asked the pizza girl to hang out. Pizza girl was mostly playing with the baby as sims tend to do. But when the message came that she has to go now because she has other things to do she suddenly disappeared WITH the baby instead of just putting it back in the crib?!
Where's my baby?! Did pizza girl steal it? It's just not there anymore, see attached screenshot
Guess I have to try again for a baby... I let the parents cook for themselves this time.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#7808 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:05 AM
Make the food, put it on the counter. Whine that you're starving.

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it happens frequently, and when there's nothing on the table getting in the way. It's like the Sim is being deliberately obstinate. "Well, he said MAKE dinner. I don't have to EAT it."
Lab Assistant
#7809 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:47 AM
Moving the Bunch family from SV to Bridgeport while Lisa is grounded. Lisa attempts to leave the house to move with the rest of the family, mom: "I don't think so, missy! You're grounded."
Gotta love that system. I don't know why I still haven't installed a mod to fix that, I think it's about time...
Instructor
#7810 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:57 PM
This time it was not the game but me that made me scream. I rebuilt the Bridgeport art gallery from scratch on a smaller lot in order to move it, tweaked the interior to my liking, edited the new lot description... and then quit the game without actually saving it to the bin I didn't even realize what I'd done until I went to the Library to move the file and saw it wasn't there. Gotta be the stupidest thing I've done recently
Scholar
#7811 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 4:33 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 6:56 AM.
I've often made the same mistake, I've lost hours of work like that. What usually happens is that after I've got the building looking the way I want it, I write an interesting description for it and save that. And then maybe I get distracted, or my brain just stops working, because I forget that I haven't actually saved the lot itself! And quite often I only realize my mistake later when I reload the game and find the project I'd spent hours on isn't in the library.

EDIT: This is the WTF thread so suppose I should have included some sort of weird goings on. Well the only WTFery I've come across recently was the appearance of this strange character outside the cemetery. Two strange characters, if you include that bloke in the beret.

Oh but look! He's gotta cute widdle puppy wuppy!

Still stranger is how popular the mausoleum is, ever since I placed it right next to the public swimming pool. There have been four drownings so far. Seems they take one look at the place and can't wait to become permanent residents.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#7812 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 12:33 PM
When Hannibal (lol) was having his venue bachelor party and suddenly his mother Harper (who he hates) waltzes in uninvited and starts dancing on a countertop.
Yeeeeah, I don't know about you but I'd hazard a guess that majority of us wouldn't really like their parents to do that, even with good relationship.

Her crashing the party caught me completely by surprise since I did not direct her. I guess it was because the venue is in very close proximity to their home and some group social interaction lured her over or something (?).
Instructor
#7813 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 6:54 PM
In all the years I've played TS3 I've never had the dreaded 'Materializing materials' or whatever it's called error - even when trying to recolour a piece of cc with no channels enabled and 'the current style is invalid blah blah', x-ing out of CASt always worked fine. Until today when I tried to CASt that greenish generic-vectorpack-swirls triptych BG painting. I thought since the general shape is fine i could zap it with the Stencil Remover (or 'Deuglyfier' as it's been known in my game) and put some custom pattern on it. Except that while it's still left selectable with the design tool, it has no channels and of course the style wasn't 'valid' - and as a bonus, x-ing out led to eternal loading and having to kill the game via task manager. What the fuck, EA
Site Helper
#7814 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 3:32 PM
So does this make you interested in learning how to use Texture Tweaker to make a version of it that actually can be recolored? Or maybe even a default replacement?

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...e_Object_Images is a tutorial on using Texture Tweaker.
http://modthesims.info/t/579498 is a tutorial for a default replacement.

(This is how we know that EA actually does like modders. They give us so much that needs to be fixed. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#7815 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:23 PM
routing failures. Always with the routing failures. I dunno how many times I scream expletives at my sims going "The door is right *bleeping* there! FRONT DOOR, you pixellated ninny!" No, they'd rather take the scenic route to the bathroom which is right next to them, going by way of the garage, the cellar and maybe a jaunt to the garden before going in a side door, through the hall and THEN up to the loo to use it. ARGHHHHHHHH.

Not really a sim thing - but a lack of a sim thing - no Freezer clock in Sims 3 makes it difficult to do picture stories. You get one sim the way you want 'em, go to the other one and get them posed, and BAM that bugger's re-posed, or, if mounted on a horse, DISmounted. After a while, you just have to laugh. What else can you do? I turn autonomy off, but the game sometimes just ignores it. Ugh.
Instructor
#7816 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
So does this make you interested in learning how to use Texture Tweaker to make a version of it that actually can be recolored? Or maybe even a default replacement?

Nah, this one's really not worth the hassle at all but in general about other objects - I have tweaked and replaced and edited out so much annoying crap and I always seem to find more and more that needs it. For example that flower in a glass vase thingy from Seasons (I think) that for some inexplicable reason can only be placed on the floor - it's been driving me nuts for years that you have to keep sticking it on OMSPs if you want it to look not ridiculous. I don't think I've come across a tutorial for making objects placeable on slots, though.

Quote: Originally posted by Oesau13
Not really a sim thing - but a lack of a sim thing - no Freezer clock in Sims 3 makes it difficult to do picture stories. You get one sim the way you want 'em, go to the other one and get them posed, and BAM that bugger's re-posed, or, if mounted on a horse, DISmounted. After a while, you just have to laugh. What else can you do? I turn autonomy off, but the game sometimes just ignores it. Ugh.

OMG that reminds me of trying to get two sims to woohoo in the sauna by making them both sit first... Nightmare. Like some weird version of musical chairs where as one's butt touches the bench, the other one immediately gets up - ad infinitum. Ended up turning free will off completely for the duration of the 'event'.
Alchemist
#7817 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:29 AM
A sim decided to start a protest at City Hall. He was unnerved by my sim making funny faces in the mirror after a long shift.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#7818 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Nah, this one's really not worth the hassle at all but in general about other objects - I have tweaked and replaced and edited out so much annoying crap and I always seem to find more and more that needs it. For example that flower in a glass vase thingy from Seasons (I think) that for some inexplicable reason can only be placed on the floor - it's been driving me nuts for years that you have to keep sticking it on OMSPs if you want it to look not ridiculous. I don't think I've come across a tutorial for making objects placeable on slots, though.

Isn't that just a matter of cloning the object and changing the Slot Placement Flags?
I suppose you could always clone the tissue box (or something similar that does fit on a slot) and do a mesh swap if it isn't.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
#7819 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:06 PM
when you're trying to go for a WooHoo but they just keep pulling out the good ole Zombies? Zombies! book

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Instructor
#7820 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Isn't that just a matter of cloning the object and changing the Slot Placement Flags?
I suppose you could always clone the tissue box (or something similar that does fit on a slot) and do a mesh swap if it isn't.

The slot placement edit was the first thing I thought of, too, but didn't work unfortunately. I wanted to make an override that alters the behavior of the default one, I mean it's a nice flower and all but not enough to want a brand new one. I guess it'll just continue to annoy me, good thing I have so much crap in the plant section I hardly ever come across it, lol :D

Today's adventures in 'WTF ARE YOU DOING'-land include wanting a little romance time in your own house, in your own bed. No such luck though, when your roommate's overnight guest doesn't go to sleep and instead wanders right next (and I mean RIGHT to their heads) to your bed to critique every single deco object around and above said bed. Out of curiosity I waited at least 2 sim hours to see if she'd get the hint and get out, and no dice. She is Inappropriate but that was just ridiculous "Oh hai guys whatcha dooooooin- wow that's an ugly painting you have there, and don't get me started on that plant. Privacy? Nope, never heard of it, why do you ask?' I ended up finally resetting her to get rid of her.
Test Subject
#7821 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 9:27 PM
some things my sims did? recently, after gambling, one of my sims (olivia) just sat there and complained about how she had to use the bathroom... even when i put her command to use the bathroom, she just sat there. i had to reset her sim to get her un-stuck
and another one of my sims (violet) walked around the entire dorm to open this one hidden bookcase door and it took me a lot of tries to get her to open it
Scholar
#7822 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 1:53 PM
My Sims have two kids. When it's time to sleep they request a bed time story. So one of them requests a story and the parent goes to tell the story but gets interrupted by the other kid's request and then the parent goes to tell the other kid a bed time story but gets interrupted again by the first kid. This goes on for two hours. There are two parents. It's not a single parent house. But somehow they kept interrupting each other.
Site Helper
#7823 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:24 PM
So this is the sim kid's version of "I need a drink of water...I need the potty… I need another glass of water... I need a kiss goodnight... I need the potty again...?"

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#7824 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
My Sims have two kids. When it's time to sleep they request a bed time story. So one of them requests a story and the parent goes to tell the story but gets interrupted by the other kid's request and then the parent goes to tell the other kid a bed time story but gets interrupted again by the first kid. This goes on for two hours. There are two parents. It's not a single parent house. But somehow they kept interrupting each other.

Oh I have that all the time, worse, my sim has 5 kids :/ ... (one's actually my avatar lol)

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Inventor
#7825 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 3:48 PM
Burglar music starts playing and I see the burglar creeping over my lot. The burglar alarm doesn't go off and I'm thinking that's weird. The burglar proceeds to sneak into my house and out of the back door. THEN the alarm goes off, perfectly normal of course . Both my sims are brave but the police agent that arrives has a go first and of course loses. Both my sims are tying to beat up the burglar at that point, I choose Ralof to fight him as he is higher in athletic and Ralof wins.
Meanwhile the police agent is swimming in my pool, just chilling. I'm making plans on killing that incompetent dude later on, but then BEHOLD he gets out of the pool and actually arrests the burglar!

Page 313 of 321