Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Buy mode sell price lower than buy price
Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything on this...
I have a household with a retail store at the home lot.
In buy mode, the price for items seems to be discounted in such a way, that I can buy something and immediately sell it for profit directly in buy mode...
Is this expected behaviour? Or should a be worried my game is bugged?

I do have the wholesale benefit all the way up, but doesn't that only apply to the wholesale mode where the items are yellow?

Find it kind of weird that I can make infinite money without using a cheat straight from buy mode :p

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:42 PM
That is normal behavior with a Sim who has gained the benefit of obtaining discounted wholesale prices on goods. It effects their family.

Yes, you can in theory buy anything in the catalog and sell it right way for a profit. It's a license to print simoleons, given the infinite demand for the same type of goods!

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
That is normal behavior with a Sim who has gained the benefit of obtaining discounted wholesale prices on goods. It effects their family.

Yes, you can in theory buy anything in the catalog and sell it right way for a profit. It's a license to print simoleons, given the infinite demand for the same type of goods!

Ok, thanks! thought my game was bugged or something. I don't do it though because it feels like cheating... Selling cars in the retail store nets enough money anyways
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 9:06 AM
I have had the same thing, but it was because my sim has a good reputation.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)