Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 8:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default strange posture when playing chess
When some sims play chess, their arm stays in a strange shape, as if they were still playing and it doesn't come off until you leave the lot or a while passes, it looks strange, I searched the help forum and I couldn't find anything, there is something Can I solve it or is it just happening to me? thank you
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 9:18 PM
It should go away eventually. Sometimes making them do something else that makes them use their arm (like serving a meal, painting, using the phone, playing darts, etc) it will clear the stuck arm pose. If it really bothers you and you want an immediate fix, you could delete the sim with moveobjects on then save and reload the lot. The sim will be standing near the mailbox with their arm fixed.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 9:49 PM
It often occurs when you cancel the Sim's playing just when they happen to be making a move on the board. To get around it, I usually will wait to cancel their play until just after they make a move. If it does happen, you can also try getting them to play again until that arm moves normally during play and try cancelling again.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Instructor
#4 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 6:34 PM
You can also try forcing an error on them with TestingCheats if I remember correctly, but I don't know if it will help. Click reset when the Object Error comes up, maybe it will fix it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 9:20 PM
It's a well known glitch, 'chess arm'. It happens and it will go after awhile.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 10:32 AM
Thanks for answering, I was testing and it doesn't happen by canceling at a certain time, since I left them alone playing and for a reason of necessity (go to the bathroom, go eat, go to sleep), they themselves look bad… I thought this would have some mod or fix that fixed it... Well, I was playing and there is one thing that bothers me much more, I took my sims on vacation, and in the hotels the cleaner does nothing, my sims spend half the vacation cleaning the room (dishes dirty, bathtubs etc...), will there be a fix for this? Thank you
Instructor
#7 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
Thanks for answering, I was testing and it doesn't happen by canceling at a certain time, since I left them alone playing and for a reason of necessity (go to the bathroom, go eat, go to sleep), they themselves look bad… I thought this would have some mod or fix that fixed it... Well, I was playing and there is one thing that bothers me much more, I took my sims on vacation, and in the hotels the cleaner does nothing, my sims spend half the vacation cleaning the room (dishes dirty, bathtubs etc...), will there be a fix for this? Thank you

Yes, there is a mod for that . Housekeepers are generally broken.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 5:35 AM
oh, that's something you have to have basic in your sims 2 game, I think if it fixes it, my sim was already leaving on vacation, but I saw a cleaner enter the room, hahaha, finally, it's a very big mistake by maxis /EA Games, that should be a mandatory download for all Sims 2 players. I don't know how to thank you for the help you always give me, really, thank you very much. A tender greeting
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
oh, that's something you have to have basic in your sims 2 game, I think if it fixes it, my sim was already leaving on vacation, but I saw a cleaner enter the room, hahaha, finally, it's a very big mistake by maxis /EA Games, that should be a mandatory download for all Sims 2 players. I don't know how to thank you for the help you always give me, really, thank you very much. A tender greeting

No problem! I agree, Maxis was quite confused on these parts

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.