Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 4715 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 10:13 PM
Default site help
I can't see any of the images on this site please help
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 11:06 PM
Do you use any script blockers with your browser? Make sure you allow modthesims2 and modthesims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Do you use any script blockers with your browser? Make sure you allow modthesims2 and modthesims.

not even sure what that is sorry. but this is what I see
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 11:50 PM
Try with your addons disabled, or in another browser. Something you have installed is blocking the images.
Site Helper
#5 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 1:29 PM
To disabled your Chrome Extensions / Addons: Click the three dots in the top right corner of your window, then go to Settings, then click "Extensions" in the menu on the left. Uncheck all the "Enabled" Check boxes.

If disabling your addons does not help you may want to check the quality of your connection (not speed). A poor connection can sometimes cause this as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:20 PM
well nothing worked which is why I wasn't able to respond because the site went from bad to worse
I decided to plug the laptop directly into the router and turn off wifi and it popped in immediately
Site Helper
#7 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 6:37 PM
Are you having this problem with other websites? do you get the same lack of images on this link: https://www.google.com/search?site=...ch&q=modthesims ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 6:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxsirius
Are you having this problem with other websites? do you get the same lack of images on this link: https://www.google.com/search?site=...ch&q=modthesims ?

no it was just this one
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:06 PM
Do you have AdBlock extension installed? Try disabling it and see if the images show up. Also, have you tired using a different browser?
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 1:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowr
Do you have AdBlock extension installed? Try disabling it and see if the images show up. Also, have you tired using a different browser?


I am having the same problem. Site doesn't load properly and looks like the second screenshot in this thread (just links). It is the same in 5 different browsers (firefox, chrome, chromodo, edge, IE). Tried deleting cache en cookies and such, turning off add-ons, turning off firewall and antivirus... I am kind of at a loss, and out of ideas. Problem is limited to my desktop pc, can access the site from my work laptop. Only difference I can think of right now is a recent windows update I installed on the desktop. But I'm hesitant to try installing that on the laptop to test it, since I'd lose all access if that causes the problem. Anyone have any other ideas?

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Pleun : 19th Apr 2017 at 4:12 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleun
I am having the same problem. Site doesn't load properly and looks like the second screenshot in this thread (just links). It is the same in 5 different browsers (firefox, chrome, chromodo, edge, IE). Tried deleting cache en cookies and such, turning off add-ons, turning off firewall and antivirus... I am kind of at a loss, and out of ideas. Problem is limited to my desktop pc, can access the site from my work laptop. Only difference I can think of right now is a recent windows update I installed on the desktop. But I'm hesitant to try installing that on the laptop to test it, since I'd lose all access if that causes the problem. Anyone have any other ideas?


Update; when turning off my direct ethernet connection to the modem, and activating wifi for internet on the desktop, the site finally loads properly. So the problem seems connected to the way I connect to the internet. Still haven't the foggiest why it wouldn't load properly when connected by a cable.

*Edit 1; Having turned wifi off again and re-establised the ethernet connection, the site seems to still keep loading properly.

*Edit 2; some more info, it only loads properly on the browser where I had loaded the site via wifi. The other browsers still don't load the site properly. So restarting the ethernet adapter alone doesn't work. That's about all the info I've found now, hopefully it'll help some.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleun
Update; when turning off my direct ethernet connection to the modem, and activating wifi for internet on the desktop, the site finally loads properly. So the problem seems connected to the way I connect to the internet. Still haven't the foggiest why it wouldn't load properly when connected by a cable.

*Edit 1; Having turned wifi off again and re-establised the ethernet connection, the site seems to still keep loading properly.

*Edit 2; some more info, it only loads properly on the browser where I had loaded the site via wifi. The other browsers still don't load the site properly. So restarting the ethernet adapter alone doesn't work. That's about all the info I've found now, hopefully it'll help some.


Sorry for triple posting, but a final update; Problem came back quickly after having turned the ethernet connection back on. Final solution is going into the properties of your ethernet connection and changing the setting for the DNS serveraddress of your internet protocol (IPv4) to being assigned automatic.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 10:14 PM
Hey guys, I'm really sorry to bother you, but for some reason I have a "stored message" in my messages that has put a perpetual "1 Message" next to my username. It's really annoying me and I can't find how to clear it - any idea how to? Thanks in advance.
Back to top