Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 9:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Stumped on what to try next for stalled loading, stops either at 99% or 60%
Version 1.69.43 running on Win10
I have Pets, Seasons, & Generations

Before the problem started:
I had a problem with one of my two lots--one each in Appaloosa and Sunset--where it would get super-laggy in the game. Yesterday I accidentally left the game paused for several hours when I thought I would get back to it sooner than anticipated. It was a little slower at first when I got back to it but not bad, then got super-laggy to the point that horses just skidded across the screen instead of animating.

No bigs, just save and restart. And of course, I have yet to actually get either of my games to load since then.

This is what I have tried:
*Physically removing all CC--I was able to start a new game this way but not load either of the saves
*Re-named/switched the backups, that didn't work
*Deleted all corruptions found through Dashboard (two of the items that I suspected caused the issue, were part of that)
*Tried to use SaveCleaner but the app doesn't even launch
*Started the 50/50 method--interestingly I found that CC I found just this morning and have not even used or can tell if the game installed or not still caused the exact same problem.
*Games stop loading at 60% without CC, and get to 95-99% with it. Sometimes it will get to 95% and crawl to 99%, the music will fade out as if it is going to open, and then nothing.
*Backups and game files still have last save timestamp on them.

I really do not want to have to re-install, namely because I thought I had the old original installers from Origin and I don't, so I don't want it to count against how many installs I can use, because this is ... I think the 3rd for my base game (have switched computers a few times).

Is there anything else I can do? If I re-install is there any chance of saving my current families?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 12:00 AM
Hi there. Not quite sure where the 60% vs. 99% measurement is coming from. If it's the progress bar that advances from left to right as the game loads, that is not a meaningful measurement of anything. Some of my games zip all the way over to the right and stay there throughout the rest of the loadup (many minutes), others show the progress bar advancing more evenly, but that doesn't really mean anything. If you are measuring RAM or other resource usage some other way during loadup, then that might be different.

But it sounds to me, I'm afraid, that you have two "bad" saves here. You have no other saves of these ongoing games at all, from prior points that you can revert to?

Origin controlled digital installs do not count to five, I believe that's disc installs. You should be able to use Origin to install the digital versions of your games as many times as you want on as many computers as you want, as long as the computers are yours and no more than one of them is running the game at the same time while Internet connected. But a re-install should be your last choice, it's not really going to fix anything if it's your game saves that are broken and not the program itself.