Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 9:19 AM
Default How can I change the sims 3 to run on windows 7
instead of windows 10? can I change it so that the game will run on windows 7 style?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
i don't have windows 10, but i'm guessing it must have some sort of compatibility mode?

it's supposed to be compatible
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:59 AM
What do you mean by "windows 7 style"?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soniboy
instead of windows 10? can I change it so that the game will run on windows 7 style?

Do you mean how to turn off the OneDrive so your TS3 Docs folder saved in your HDD instead of the cloud? Go here and click OneDrive Spoiler for how to turn it off. Other then that the game is exactly the same whether you run it in Win XP or Win 7 or Win 8 or Win 10.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 4:56 AM
I'm using Windows 7 and it runs perfectly so I'm not sure what you're having problems with. Maybe specific what kind of errors you're getting?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 5:13 AM Last edited by igazor : 19th Apr 2017 at 2:01 PM.
The OP has Win 10 and wants it to run like Win 7 does. I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way. But once the game is launched and things like graphics drivers, fps limiting, and other such settings are squared away (which are proving to be a challenge here as per their other thread), the game doesn't really care what platform it's running on. It's still the same game, quirks and all.