Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:38 PM
Thank you all for your research.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 7:22 PM
That sounds like a good idea Cmar, I'll go make a thread there right now. And you're right there is a baby file as well, I'll include it in the package with the child textures. It hasn't been tested yet, but since it was the only file like it I assume it's the right one.
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:49 PM
Hey, guys. I attempted creating defaults today. I found it a bit more challenging for me than the usual clothing recoloring. A stand-alone skin tutorial would be nice. But for now, I was wondering if anyone could create defaults for me (or any simmer with similar tastes). Maxis non-barbie skin defaults. That would be pretty sweet.
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 11:37 PM
Thanks a lot pahtrick and Cmar! You have both been very helpful.

@ BeinqNormalsNoFun
Search for "Lover's Lab" once you find the site look for The Simlab - Downloads. My skins are there.
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:00 AM
@ Elerneron thank you so much, these are amazing. If It's not too much, do you think you could maybe fix EA's horrid pudgy clay-like back sides (male and female)?
Instructor
#31 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:30 AM
I was trying to find the post, but couldn't now that it's buried under a million new threads. I had already organized all of the greyscale files into their own psd file (4 files in total). There are a few things that are missing such as some skin detail overlays, but I /think/ everything is pretty much there. One thing though, this was taken from the CAS Demo fullbuild, case it makes any difference. Still sharing just because why not. I think it could come in handy to some people. EDIT: I want to add, I got these textures from HP. She uploaded them with their names and all, I just organized them. I don't know if the names have changed with the full version of the game, so that's something to pay attention to. Although whatever they're called doesn't make a difference if you'll just be using the textures for your own creations.
Direct download link (Dropbox): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...extures_PSD.rar

Anyways, like someone else who posted above, I'm also looking for a way to modify the skintone (colored) files, and include them as their separate swatch on the list, but I have no idea how to do that. I don't know what to include inside the package file so it would make that texture be in the skintones preset list. Any help would be appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:47 PM
DiAnkhiar, I don't think anyone has really figured out how to do that yet. However I do know Cazy managed to create one, it only works for the demo though. I just send her a message asking how she managed to do it, so that hopefully we will be able to recreate it in the main game.
Instructor
#33 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 11:29 AM
There is also this. Unless Crazy and the person in the link are the same.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:02 PM
I've seen that before, but it's a default replacement of the blue skin colour which could just be done by editing the textures found in the fullbuild packages. The one by Cazy is a new skin colour, not a default replacement. From looking at Cazy's file it seems like the skin colours/tones don't use CASP files but TONE files... I think. But at this point I can't check this as I have no idea how to figure out how to check what textures the tone files are linked to because S4PE doesn't seem to read them yet.
Instructor
#35 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pahtrick
I've seen that before, but it's a default replacement of the blue skin colour which could just be done by editing the textures found in the fullbuild packages. The one by Cazy is a new skin colour, not a default replacement. From looking at Cazy's file it seems like the skin colours/tones don't use CASP files but TONE files... I think. But at this point I can't check this as I have no idea how to figure out how to check what textures the tone files are linked to because S4PE doesn't seem to read them yet.

Yeah, it is the TONE files. I was looking at them back when the demo came out. And I know that link is a default replacement, which could work just fine for me at the moment.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:42 PM
Then I guess you could just extract the texture you want to replace and well... replace it. I think they are all located in clientfullbuild6, clientfullbuild7 & clientfullbuild8.
Instructor
#37 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:55 PM
Then I guess you could just extract the texture you want to replace and well... replace it. I think they are all located in clientfullbuild6, clientfullbuild7 & clientfullbuild8.

How do you replace a texture? I'm sure there has to be something else inside the package file, besides the texture, for it to get replaced.

EDIT: Unless you mean replace the texture in the fullbuild file itself. That's crazy, lol. I actually tried that once, and it crashed my S4PE.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
How do you replace a texture? I'm sure there has to be something else inside the package file, besides the texture, for it to get replaced.

EDIT: Unless you mean replace the texture in the fullbuild file itself. That's crazy, lol. I actually tried that once, and it crashed my S4PE.

Locate the texture file you want to replace in S4PE, then right click -> export to package. which will create a new package, with just that texture. Open that package in S4PE, export the texture, edit it and import back into the package you created. Since the TGI's will remain the same your new package will act as a default replacement.
Instructor
#39 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 9:36 PM
Locate the texture file you want to replace in S4PE, then right click -> export to package. which will create a new package, with just that texture. Open that package in S4PE, export the texture, edit it and import back into the package you created. Since the TGI's will remain the same your new package will act as a default replacement.

Sorry for the noob questions.

When I right click on the file > export > to package, it opens a window to open a DBPF (package?) file. But it doesn't say anything about saving. So what do I do?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#40 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 9:41 PM
S4PE you mean? Just use the "open" button .. the S4PE GUI isn't exactly very refined =P

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#41 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:42 PM
I've posted a skin tone (the colored part, not any of the overlays) tutorial here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=536841
Page 2 of 2