Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 2:33 AM Last edited by jbeach34 : 26th Apr 2015 at 6:45 AM.
Default My new mesh has stiff/straight arms...?
Hello, I'm not new to clothes meshing . LOL! But I AM new to this kinda problem!

My new mesh, when I went to check on it in BS, has stiff arms! It looks great in milkshape. Has both fat and pregnant morphs, and resized to the BBv2 bodyshape. But for some reason stands with his arms straight out...?

I've tried reworking the mesh package several different times in various different ways. I've tried relinking a new texture from Yuxi's original several times...?

I spent numerous hours in milkshape resizing this and shaping the morphs, I really don't want to lose all this work!

Could someone offer some good advice?! Please!!!

File-in-Question

Thanks!

G-Knee

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th May 2015 at 11:15 AM
It looks to me like the joint assignments are messed up. If you open your mesh in Milkshape and tick Draw vertices with bone colours in the Joints tab, what happens?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2015 at 6:54 PM

Apparently...NOTHING!!! It looks like I've lost ALL bone assignments!!! ??? How did this happen?! And how can I fix it? (I even checked in the 'Extended Manual Edit' and not a one is assigned...?!)

PS. And thanks for the reply!

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th May 2015 at 7:14 PM
Yeah - that mesh doesn't have a skeleton any more.

So you have two options, depending on which you think is easier. The first is to just start over.

The second is to follow some of the steps in this tutorial to auto-assign the bones. You'll want to hit Ctrl-F and search for "Import your reference mesh into milkshape" to find the right point in the tutorial. Use the original EA mesh (with bones!) as your reference mesh; you'll need to change the group names, as the tutorial says, for both the reference mesh and your mesh. Keep going until the end of the bit about the auskel bone.
If you pick this option you'll need to install TSRW's Sims 3 Milkshape plugins. Since they're now only available from TSR if you actually download and install TSRW, I've attached them here in case you don't use TS3/TSRW. My versions are probably way out of date but they should work anyway.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  WSO plugins.7z (159.2 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2015 at 9:55 PM
Thank you Nysha!!!

edit: Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I've gotten the bones reassigned following that tutorial, and the mesh by itself looks fine. But when I add the morphs from the original set and delete 'that' body (the one w/o the bones!) and try to re-import back into Milkshape, to check for morph explosion or wonkiness, it freezes up MS!!! ??? EVERYTIME!!! :/

I always save and export my finished products, then turn around and re-import back in to make sure the morphs don't explode! I'm not getting any 'morphs don't match' messages when I export...? So why is it freezing my MS?!

Now what?!?!!?!!!

Scholar
#6 Old 24th May 2015 at 9:57 AM
If the Autojoint Tool is still packed with Unimesh plugins, it could be your best bet.
Just import a similar mesh into Milkshape, then import your new mesh (without any bone assignments). Delete the first mesh. To be sure, check if the skeleton is still there.
Then select all vertices and run this plugin. It's crude-ish (mostly on dresses) and you may have to fix some things by hand here and there, but it gets most of the job done. My bet is that you won't have to fix much at all.
Just don't forget to check the comments and such and fix those too.

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O