Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:23 AM
Default Unassigned bones popup when exporting from Milkshape
Hi!

I've edited one of the BG meshes to have a longer, flared skirt. It's edited for all of the body morphs (normal, fat, and pregnant). The comments are all correctly written (I made sure to copy the right ones!). So far, I think I'm doing this right. My only problem is that when I try to export the mesh via Unimesh, it brings up a popup saying the mesh has unassigned bones. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty certain that's not good.

How do I find the unassigned bones, and then assign them properly? I assume that's what would fix this popup, haha. I see quite a few options from Unimesh under the Vertex tab, but considering I don't know what any of them do, I don't want to risk pushing random buttons and breaking everything because, that's no bueno.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 12:35 PM
Have you added vertices while doing your edit?

If you go into the Joints tab and tick the "Draw vertices with bone colours" box, do any of the vertices show up grey?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Have you added vertices while doing your edit?

If you go into the Joints tab and tick the "Draw vertices with bone colours" box, do any of the vertices show up grey?

Ah, yes, I would assume I added/changed vertices during my edit. Quite frankly, I have no idea, but I'm guessing the answer is yes. I had to regroup the "body" so I could have the legs in their own group and be higher on the list than the body. That way I could fix the gap between the skirt and the legs via Unimesh Vertex data merge. Before, it would take the vertices of the legs and move them to the skirt (which caused chunky thighs, which isn't ideal).

When I go into the Joints tab and tick that option, it only shows grey... did I done goofed? Do I have to redo every single vertex/bone assignment now?

If necessary, I can always redo the edit in a better way as to preserve the bone assignments (if you could give me some info on that, that is. I think I've already proved I have absolutely no idea what on earth I'm doing!). I've done this edit twice already, just because I'm making mistakes and learning from them.

Thanks.