Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 5:54 PM
Default The Neck Doesn't Show Up
Hi, I'm converting a TS3 outfit for TS2. I could reshape the mesh and it looks fine in Milkshape but the neck disappears in Body Shop. Why? What did I wrong?
I uploaded the mesh and the recolor file, in case someone wants to look into it and may find my mistake.

Could someone help me with this problem, please?

I almost gave up.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  dress.rar (524.8 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 6:49 PM
You cloned from the hula skirt, and the group which is now called dress is the one which used to be the alpha skirt in the original outfit. So your dress group is set up as an alpha group, which means that any area which is transparent on the texture will be transparent, rather than showing skin texture. If you don't need alpha transparency for other parts of the dress: open the recolour file, then the dress group's TXMT, and follow these instructions (copied and edited from Cat's tutorial):

- In the Categorised Properties tab, Default Texture Blending section, set stdMatAlphaBlendMode to none
- Click the cMaterialDefinition subtab.
- In the Type field, change SimStandardMaterial to SimSkin.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 7:57 PM
That fixed the issue. Thank you!

But I noticed another problem. There's a gap between the neck and the scarf/foulard. How can I fix this? Oh and I hate the grey extra texture. How can I remove it? It changes the shadows and makes it look blurry.
Screenshots

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 9:49 AM
You'll need to reshape the necktie so that it lines up better with the neck. You can do that by hand in Milkshape by just dragging the vertices round, or you can try using Vertex Data Merge to snap the necktie vertices to appropriate neck vertices, if the neck has vertices in the right places.

What do you mean by "extra texture" - the opaque white shadows on the chest/neck area?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 11:55 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 4th Nov 2015 at 8:09 PM.
If I do that, the scarf gets "cracked". And the vertices are not in the right places.

By "extra texture"I meant the grayscale texture one.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 8:58 PM
I've noticed those gaps in a lot of Sims 3 to Sims 2 conversions. Like Nysha said, you need to merge or move the vertices. If they're not in the right places, put them in the right places! (You have a bit of leeway here; the only vertices that need to be in the exact right places are the ones around the top of the neck... but those aren't the ones we're talking about here, right?)

Is the "extra texture" some sort of bumpmap? I haven't looked at an actual Sims 3 outfit and how it's put together, so I'm not sure.