Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2015 at 8:59 AM
Default Swatches for Default Replacement Eyes
Hullo, all. Apologies if I've gotten this in the wrong board.

I'm a longtime lurker and recent convert from Sims 3. I have some experience with tuning mods in s3pe, and completed my first default eye replacements and a recolor for Sims 2 today. I'd like to update the swatches from the EA standard to what my default eyes look like. I've been following this tutorial/Q&A thread, and have managed to get the default eye swatches extracted from the Sim07 package in the basegame root.

My problem is I don't know how to add swatches to a package file that doesn't have them already - the tutorials I followed for the default replacement had me replace the textures on a pre-existing default replacement mod. Can I open a new project in Bodyshop and let it create a default swatch for me, as I did with my recolor? Or is there specific protocol that has to be followed for default replacements and default replacements alone?

(It would also be cool to replace the default face template swatches with those of the default replacements I'm using - I assume I'd use the same technique once I get this sorted out?)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2015 at 10:03 AM
Since it's a default replacement, all you need to do is add the extracted icons to your .package file via Right Click -> Add Resource, and then import your images in the plugin view. As long as you don't change the instance or group, the game will pick them up.

You could also put them in a separate file and it would work just as well, since you're essentially default replacing the swatches. I dunno why you'd want them to be in a separate file, though .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2015 at 3:40 PM
You're a godsend. And the same technique should work for replacing default face templates?