Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 8:59 AM Last edited by Sketching : 3rd Dec 2018 at 7:53 AM. Reason: edited links
Default (French) Dining Chair
Hi, there!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a dining chair similar to this style this style from TS4 (the default isn't this colorful, but I couldn't find a bigger picture). I saw a conversion for TS2, but since I'm not particularly fond of the TS4 textures (bite me!), I was hoping that there was another of its kind. I found this, and while the design itself is all right, the cushion colors are too light for me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 5:33 PM
I never saw that chair mesh in TS4...maybe it is from a pack I do not own, or maybe I do not play enough..or maybe I just don't care! (bite me) But I love it. The chair, I mean.
The recolors you link from Michelle, is not the same mesh though. Now I want this chair too.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:11 PM
It comes from Get Together, which actually has some interesting items. When I found this chair in TS4, I thought it'd look great for my TS2 game (wow, my priorities) along with the matching couch and tables, so I used the TS4to2 conversion of the default set. I've been bothered by the textures for a while, however, especially because the frame looks more like plastic than elegantly carved wood, and I placed them back in storage. It's too bad because I love the set too.

I linked Michelle's recolors because it looked similar enough that I thought someone might bring it up.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:28 PM
Oh! I have Get Together pack. lol So...this set has been made for TS2, but you would like it to be recolored TS2 style...instead of plastic-looking, and you'd like more colorful..colors for the cushions. If I understand well!
I am SO helpful here am I.
Thank you for the precision anyway.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:44 PM
Don't worry about it. I was hoping that there was a chair of this model that was made directly to TS2 so there'd be no conversion needed, but it sure would be nice if someone recolored the frame to be more woodsy (maybe AL wood?) and the cushion like actual cloth too. It doesn't have to be that colorful though - I actually like the default plain colors enough since they're similar to the YETI pallet.

Darn it, TS4, if only your textures were better!
Theorist
#6 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:42 AM
@Sketching - Would you be interested in these? If so I can upload them for you.
Screenshots

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:02 AM
Yes, please, oh, great @Michelle!
Theorist
#8 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:41 AM
@Sketching - Okay will get them uploaded A.S.A.P. Hopefully before I go to bed tonight. LOL!

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:32 AM
Oh, you don't have to rush on my account! Thank you so much @Michelle.
Theorist
#10 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 9:05 AM
@Sketching - All done and dusted, you can find them HERE.

Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 9:12 AM
This will be perfect for my upper-class sims who've been suffering with the plastic textures of supposedly elegantly carved wood. I have a soft spot for your AL wood and YETI recolors. Thank you so much! I can't press the Love button any harder.