Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 11:08 PM
Default Mesh not showing up in Bodyshop
Hi there!

This is my first time modding CASparts for the sims 2, but I seem to be having some issues with the mesh package.

I followed this tutorial (since I'm converting one of my latest simblreen gift for the sims 2): https://serenity-fall.dreamwidth.org/1366.html

Right now i'm at the part where I just exported my sims 2 mesh and wanting to export a bodyshop project to eventually make my mesh package. But I've done this part for about 10 times now, making sure that I didn't do anything wrong and for some reason, Bodyshop doesn't recognize my mesh. So here is what I do:

- Choose an project in body shop and copy paste the project from the projects folder to my work folder
- Then I make a new package in SimPE - PJSE>Body mesh tool> extracting stage
- Select the bodyshop package that I just exported
- Replace the GMDC mesh with my mesh
- objects tools >fix integrity and give it a name without any underscores as described in the tutorial
- And then i save the package
- I open up the bodyshop package and select the 3DID and wait for it to load
- Then I go to PJSE>Body meshtool > Linking stage
- Then I go to the property set and select the resource in the list and change the '1' to '2' in the numoverrides
- I select the override0shape, the override0subset and the override0resource, add them all and change the 'override0shape into 'override1shape' and change the body into dress.
- I make sure that I hit commit on every change I made.
- I save the package that has my GMDC although I have to close the other one since it keeps telling me 'This package is being used by another process'

And then I put the mesh package and the linked bodyshop package in the downloads folder and yet it just doesn't show up at all in Bodyshop. Though the weird thing is, the tutorial mentions something about a 'savedsims' folder and for some reason, It's not there. Not sure if it's because I own TS2 ultimate collection. I save my bodyshop packages like this:

- I click Create new project
- Choose the fullbody part that I want to use
- bodyshop saves the textures in the projects folder.

So i'm not quite sure if it's the way I exported it in Bodyshop, or maybe I did something wrong in the process and maybe an explanation why I can't save my 2 packages after linking them together, even though in this tutorial and a tutorial somewhere on MTS is able to save their packages after linking.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 11:45 PM
You may have already figured this out, but the problem is that you need to click "Import to Game" and use the file that's created in the SavedSims folder for steps 2 onwards - the .package file that's in Projects is incomplete and won't work for anything much.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 11:46 AM
Well it's showing up as CC in Bodyshop, but the mesh is, somehow not attached to it (even though I made sure that they both are linked and saved them afterwards)

This is what it should look like (I'm aware of the vertex count warning):

This is what it looks like in bodyshop

So I think that it might be, somehow, a mesh related issue instead?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Have you done what Nysha told you ?
When you're in the bodyshape, and you have opened a project with the right mesh, you must click on the button import in game before you change the mesh. Then bodyshape creates a folder "Savedsims" in "Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2" (the same parent folder than the downloads' one).
You may now begin your meshing / SimPE process from the package that's in this "SvedSims" folder.

I have and used that package to link the mesh's package.
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 3:44 PM
Have you asked Serenity ?

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 4:43 PM
Have you asked Serenity ?

Nope, since they seem to be unactive at the moment, since there are replies that haven't been answered since 2015.
Instructor
#7 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 7:45 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 11th Dec 2016 at 7:58 PM.
Is this the right texture that appears on the wrong mesh, or is this a totally different outfit than the one you wanted ?

EDIT : Just seen something. There's only one subset in your mesh, so why did you changed the numoverrides ?

EDIT : Just read the tuto. Perhaps you have to change the name of your subset ... in the tuto she used "dress", but you can use everything, except "body".

Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 8:10 PM
Is this the right texture that appears on the wrong mesh, or is this a totally different outfit than the one you wanted ?

EDIT : Just seen something. There's only one subset in your mesh, so why did you changed the numoverrides ?

EDIT : Just read the tuto. Perhaps you have to change the name of your subset ... in the tuto she used "dress", but you can use everything, except "body".

It's the wrong mesh. In the first picture (the previewed 3d model in the plugin viewer) You can see that the mesh is different compared to the original ones. And I guess you'd see some weird texturing (as showed in the tutorial).

I did duplicate the subset as explained in the tutorial and changed the 'body' into ' dress' unless I need to change that as well within the GMDC file? But as explained in the tutorials, I had to change the numoverrides which is why I did that. Unless I was suppose to duplicate that one as well?
Instructor
#9 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
I did duplicate the subset as explained in the tutorial and changed the 'body' into ' dress' unless I need to change that as well within the GMDC file?

I think you DO need to change it in the GMDC, too. It must be the same name for the subset in each file. Most of time, the subset should even appear in the SHPE and GMND too, but as it is used as an alpha, you don't have to add it to those two.
Change the name of the GMDC subset (in the group tab of the GMDC) and see what it does. If it doesn't work, I fear I don't know anymore how to help you.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 11:10 AM
The group names in your GMDC and GMND do need to match, but given that it's still displaying the wrong mesh entirely in Bodyshop, I suspect that the problem is that the recolour file isn't properly linked to the mesh. It might be worth running through the PJSE instructions again; it's easy to mess them up.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 4:29 PM
It seems to be the mesh. Though I do have to redo the mesh since I didn't export it correctly (Bones aren't correctly assigned for some reason even though I made sure it was, I need to change the comments and the group's name) So I'll let you guys know if it's indeed the groups being the issue here. ^-^