Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 10:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Problems with mod package files - some will and will not work (S3)
Hey guys,

Help a fellow plumbot here. So I knew how to install mods and all that jazz. Awesome But something happens to my game and I can no longer suddenly open it anymore. So I uninstall everything and reinstall it. Yay, it opens again. Problem is, mods folder is gone and I gotta set things up again. It's been awhile since I've downloaded any CC. It's been monthsss since I've even touched my game.

Anyway, getting to the point. I set things up again and none of my package files are working. All of them have that .package title at the end of each file like its suppose to. So then I noticed, "Hey, the icons look a bit different." Now, I'm not entirely too sure what's going on.

When I play the game some of the package mods are working and some don't even show up. Weird, right? They're not out of date or anything and I downloaded and unzipped things the way it's suppose to be. I did all the steps right. But I'm looking at the icons here.

I'm a macbook pro, OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.2. Processor is 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5. My current patch for my Sims 3? 1.67.2.024001.

Anyway, I noticed that the icons were different. The ones that did work had an icon that had a black square with with lowercase green lettering that says "exec". Now for the ones that didn't work had the a blank paper icon that had a curl on the top right corner of the blank paper icon.

Now, they both say package and for some reason the blank paper icon files won't work! It's absolutely frustrating. I have the keka extractor and it's just giving me the same files and it's not really doing anything. Is it downloading a certain way? Am I extracting it wrong? What's going on?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 11:35 AM
Can you show pictures of your mod setup?

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.