Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 5:56 AM
Default How to merge my CC
My game is running slow, but I know why. I have too many CC files downloaded, but I don't want to get rid of any of them.

So, How do I merge the things together so they take up less space in the files? What file type should they be so they are still recognized as .package files?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:16 AM
Here's tutorials:
For using CC Magic: https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...-with-cc-magic/
Another article that discusses CC Magic, but also what to use if you don't want to use it: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...reduce-lag.html
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:24 PM
My method is just open s3pe, make sure you know what can and cannot be merged as well as what should and should not be merged (there's a difference) and then do "file > new"
you'll have a blank white area, you can just right click anywhere in it and you'll see a list
Choose import, you have another list now, choose " As dbc", and a file explorer prompt will open.
The first prompt is for you to choose which packages you want to merge (keep them together in on place to make this easier)
after you do that and click ok the same prompt will open again, this time you are naming and placing where you want this newly made merged .package file to go (yes, the file ext is still ".package")
I typically name my merged packages "______ merged" since they're basically regular package files just bigger.
let it save and then youre done.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
My method is just open s3pe, make sure you know what can and cannot be merged as well as what should and should not be merged (there's a difference) and then do "file > new"
you'll have a blank white area, you can just right click anywhere in it and you'll see a list
Choose import, you have another list now, choose " As dbc", and a file explorer prompt will open.
The first prompt is for you to choose which packages you want to merge (keep them together in on place to make this easier)
after you do that and click ok the same prompt will open again, this time you are naming and placing where you want this newly made merged .package file to go (yes, the file ext is still ".package")
I typically name my merged packages "______ merged" since they're basically regular package files just bigger.
let it save and then youre done.

Um... What is s3pe?
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
Um... What is s3pe?

honestly a must have program S3PE <click
does a lot of the out of game technical stuff simple to difficult
it does a lot of stuff and you kind of just figure it as you go.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:33 AM
Inventor
#7 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:05 PM
Personally I use CC Magic as it merges things for me and has a search function for CC.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:38 PM
Okay, quick question,

I run my Sims 3 game through an emulator on PlayonLinux, so, will I have to install CC Magic or S3PE on the emulator itself?
Scholar
#9 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 10:11 PM
S3PE is separate program from the sims 3 so no, I dont believe so.
Site Helper
#10 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:56 PM
S3PE was designed to be usable with a Mac or with Linux as well as Windows, but it would run under MONO.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
S3PE was designed to be usable with a Mac or with Linux as well as Windows, but it would run under MONO.

Well, something's gone horribly wrong, as MONO was unable to install properly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 3:22 AM
Well now it seems to work. Just about to test the effects in-game.