Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 9:34 PM Last edited by latindream21 : 23rd Oct 2020 at 12:27 PM.
Default Close my account!
please close my account!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 9:43 PM
Look in the downloads. Look on tumblr. There's still plenty of people creating and downloading for Sims 2. If you want to share, share.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:10 PM
People ask that from time to time.

Is Sims 2 popular? No, if you consider that word the conventional way. Of the four series, I would give that honor to Sims 3, which is no mean feat either, considering when the last EP/SP came out.

Do people still play it, and is it a sizeable group? Yes. The Ultimate Collection gave Sims 2 a real pick-me-up, and there has always been a die-hard group all along. If you look at online players here, we hold our own against Sims 4 ... still.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:24 PM
Welcome to MTS we love finding new sims 2 players!

You might want to look around before making a post like this though, and notice you asked this on obviously busy sims 2 site and if that doesn't convince you take a look around Tumblr.

Sims 2 cc is the best it has ever been.

I would suggest though if you have not created for years that you might want to check out how CC looks now, read over the guidelines and use Creator Feedback first.

Where do you want it moved to? (Moving threads is a staff thing.) *Also Just a quiet word, but if I was you I would quietly delete this thread since it will annoy quite a lot of people.* Probably a good thing you asked in help.

Please feel free though to jump back in and come down to the chat area and talk. We have threads down there that will give you ideas for CC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:58 PM Last edited by latindream21 : 23rd Oct 2020 at 12:28 PM.
Default Close my account!
close my account
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 12:23 AM
Jo's not telling you to delete your post because you might offend someone. She's warning you that the subject line will make a certain number of people say: "Not this crap again?!" and post without reading carefully and say things that will bewilder you, because you haven't been reading the forum right along and don't know how many times we've had the discussion about how everybody should play what they want and who cares what's popular and there's still quite a few of us and you can have our Sims2 when you pry it from our cold dead fingers.

The Sims 2 is the best of the franchise, and we are in a golden age of custom content for it. Ever want the hood deco buildings to light up at night? You can do that now. Ever want a side driveway? You can do that now. The glitch that wrecked the face of employees wearing uniforms? We've got two different ways to fix that now. Transgender sims with memories? We've got you covered. Toddlers on vacation, on outings, sitting up at the table in their high chairs with no routing fits? Oh boy are you in for a treat!

Join the party and let's see your stuff.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 1:09 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 30th Oct 2018 at 1:36 AM.
The TS2 community is very much alive and thriving, but may have changed a bit if you've been away from the game for a few years. The release of the Ultimate Collection resulted in several new players. TS3 and/or TS4 may be somewhat more popular, but a lot of TS3/4 players actually drifted back to TS2. Some play all 4 games. I probably would have played TS3 and TS4 more if they were more stable and my laptop didn't struggle so much running them. TS2 has always been the more stable game for me, and the one I have the most fun customizing and making CC for.

Even if we have "more than enough" CC already, we could always do with some more. It's relatively easy to make CC for TS2, and we've got a lot of great modders now who've opened up a lot of new possibilities we didn't have just a few years back. We've got hood deco to make neighborhoods almost equal to the open 'hoods of TS3, we've got anything you'd want for gardens, more clothes than we could ever use thanks to pretty much half the community, non-default baby stuff, furniture and building items in any size, shape, style or color you could ever want, and mods to fix or do pretty much anything the game's code allows for. People are still making CC, maybe even more so than ever. The CC is perhaps a little more difficult to find, since most people have moved on from larger sites and started making their own (Tumblr/LJ, and various smaller forums), but if you know where to look it's easy enough to find it (http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/ and Simscave have nice CC-finding sites). There are also more tutorials available, so if you want to learn something new there's always room for that.

My personal favorite TS2 CC project to tinker with is customizable babies. (I've played TS2 for so long I still remember back when we only had the choice of one default outfit, and baby hair painted on skin... Or worse, back when we only had baby outfits painted on skin *cringes*. I'm really glad we've managed to sort out some of the kinks and annoyances of the game over the past few years).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 2:17 AM
Thanks peni, yes, that's exactly what I meant.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Toddlers on vacation, on outings, sitting up at the table in their high chairs with no routing fits? Oh boy are you in for a treat!

Join the party and let's see your stuff.

On outings? Is there now an alternative to dickhurt's mod?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:56 PM Last edited by gazania : 1st Nov 2018 at 3:26 PM.
I don't mind such posts, personally, and I can see why the question comes up. Sims 2's last EP/SP was in 2008 ... ten years ago!

But the word "popular" snags me. In terms of general video culture, Sims 2 is a dinosaur. In terms of the series, it's an oldster.

In terms of whether people play it anymore, though, absolutely. My son plays a game that came out even earlier than Sims 2, and is part of a gaming community focused on his series. If a game is good, there is an excellent chance that there is a much-smaller but still-sizable community playing it a decade later, but no ... it will not be nearly as large as back in its heyday. If the content is good (and I'm sure it is! ), you shouldn't be hearing crickets and you should be getting some interested parties; perhaps more than you thought you would!

I think one helpful tip if you're planning to upload content would be to see how many people uploaded similar content in your category and how many downloads they got. If, for instance, you are creating clothes for AM, see how many people here downloaded clothes for AM.

Perhaps I should note that people are still creating for Sims 1! Not many, but I see it on my Tumblr from time to time. If you like a game or series and want to create, I say go for it!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
On outings? Is there now an alternative to dickhurt's mod?

Lamare's got it in beta. Check out the creator feedback section.