Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 1:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE isn't finding my Neighborhood Folder correctly, freezes (Win10, Origin Sims 2 Ult Coll)
I'm trying to use SimPE for simsurgery and many other features, but there's just so many problems with it now.
Everytime I start it up, a error pops up, something about it can't open a DBPF file. I click okay. It goes past that.
Not sure if that's related or not.
I'm unable to edit any of my sim data/neighborhood because it freezes upon trying to edit anything. It claims there's no character data for any of my sims, A window pops up prompting me to find my neighborhood folder, then freezes.
Yes i'm aware of the fix for ultimate collection and have it.
It doesn't fix this issue.
It really sucks how some old sims 2 related programs are broken now on windows 10, and no one has made enough alternatives or fixes for win10 users.
For example, Clean Installer does not work for me either.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 7:38 PM
not sure, but the problem might relate to the folder settings in SimPE.
Alchemist
#3 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 8:34 PM
Lots of people are using both SimPE and Clean Installer with Win 10 and UC, so I feel sure you can get some help setting them up so they work for you. Do you have the most recent SimPE?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...319#post5338319

Do you have the system folders and file table under preferences set up correctly?

Are you loading the hood under Tools/Neighborhood/Neighborhood Browser before trying to edit things that require it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Lots of people are using both SimPE and Clean Installer with Win 10 and UC, so I feel sure you can get some help setting them up so they work for you. Do you have the most recent SimPE?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...319#post5338319

Do you have the system folders and file table under preferences set up correctly?

Are you loading the hood under Tools/Neighborhood/Neighborhood Browser before trying to edit things that require it?

1: I'll have a look at that.
2:: probably not and I don't know how to
3: Yes