Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 6:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to save an stuck NPC in apartment's NPC unit?
Hello,
As brief as the title is, it explains the entirety of my problem. I'm playing a custom world where almost all the residential lots are apartments with a blackened out NPC unit next to your family's unit, and almost all of them have NPCs stuck inside. The NPC is black & white and keeps triggering the Overwatch "stuck sim" notifications. When it happened in my active family's home, I used "moveobjects on" to move the NPC outside of her blacked out unit and saved her, but it keeps happening in other lots too, even ones without any family residing inside. I don't know what is causing this problem and how I can fix it. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 8:14 PM
I don't know much about stuck sims but I remember this from Sarah Sims webpage - https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/po...sims-so-quickly
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Sims stuck in hidden apartments are due to the entry way being too small. Basically the area in front of the door is too small and blocked, especially if multiple NPC exist at the same apartment and they cramp the exit area.

Of course the obvious solution is to make the area in front of it bigger. But, there IS a more common solution. NPC doors remain NPC doors even after you remove all the markers. Urgo, remove the hidden marker and replace it with a public marker. This way the NPCs will be able to exit the door even if they spawn on the inside. Simply paint the apartment black.

This does mean the apartment is now enterable by other sims, but mostly sims won't go there b/c it is just one big empty room. However a few times I've seen sims go in there to play catch.

Lol at them playing catch inside. Well I removed the hidden room markers, but I didn't put public room markers inside. (couldn't figure out buydebug at the time) Would that do any damage? Besides the price of the lot going up?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Nah, it just makes your price go up.

Thanks for all the answers.